Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Happy Birthday to Amazon Appstore

The Amazon Appstore for Android turns 1-yo today (22 Mar). A year ago, Amazon ushered in its appstore by giving away the paid version of Angry Birds Rio. Since then, they've given away one paid app (sometimes two) every day.

I've downloaded all of them, except the one offered on 21 Oct 2011 (QuikPlan). Somehow I missed it. The vast majority of these apps reside in the cloud and only a few have made it to my devices. You never know when one may come in handy.

Helpful Links:

Today's Free App of the Day

Amazon Appstore for Android Celebrates First Birthday (15 Mar 2012)

Introducing Amazon Appstore for Android (22 Mar 2011)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-22-2012 at 11:31 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Happy eBirthday, Amazon!

Thanks to their Free App o' the Day, I've landed some serious productive apps that I probably wouldn't have otherwise thought to grab.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some interesting facts:
  • Amazon Appstore has grown its selection nearly eight-fold since launch, from 4,000 apps to over 31,000.
  • In its first year, the most downloaded paid app in the Amazon Appstore was Cut the Rope, followed by Angry Birds (Ad-Free) and Where’s My Water?; the most downloaded free app was Angry Birds Free, followed by Netflix and Solitaire by MobilityWare.
  • Amazon Appstore offers a paid app for free every day. If a customer had downloaded every Free App of the Day since launch, they would have saved nearly $1,000.
  • The paid app with the most 5-star reviews in the first year of the Amazon Appstore was Where’s My Water?, with over 3,000; the free app with the most 5-star reviews was Blood & Glory, with over 4,000.
  • In the Amazon Appstore’s first year, customers spent more than 7,700,000 minutes test driving apps; Bubble Buster was the most test-driven app, followed by Amazon MP3 for Android with Cloud Player and Memory Trainer.
  • Over the past year, the most popular app category for customers is games, followed by entertainment and productivity. Some of the most popular apps include Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, QuickOffice Pro, CalenGoo and Exchange by TouchDown.

I only missed one app, so Amazon has given me nearly $1,000 worth of apps
Old 03-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Here is a list of the Birthday Savings Week apps (discounted 50% or more). Some have been discounted/FAOTD in the past. Today (Thursday, March 22) is the last day of this sale.

Fruit Ninja
List Price: $0.99
Price: $0.49

Kids Numbers and Math
List Price: $2.99
Price: $0.99

Kids Numbers and Math (Kindle Fire Edition)

PAC-MAN
Price: $1.49

CalenGoo
List Price: $5.99
Price: $1.99

Quickoffice Pro
List Price: $14.99
Price: $4.99

Supermarket Mania 2
List Price: $4.99

Glow Hockey 2 Pro

Where's My Water?

JEFIT Pro
Price: $2.49

PicSay Pro
List Price: $3.99

Jamie's 20 Minute Meals
List Price: $7.99
Price: $2.49

MONOPOLY

Doodle Jump

Doodle Jump (Kindle Fire Edition)

TETRIS

AccuWeather Platinum

Drawing Pad
List Price: $1.99

TripIt - Travel App (Ad Free)
List Price: $3.99

iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution
List Price: $9.99
Price: $4.99

Read It Later Pro

TuneIn Radio Pro

The Moron Test 2

Splashtop Remote Desktop

iStunt 2

The Lost City

SketchBook Mobile

The Shape of Me and Other Stuff - Dr. Seuss

Wolfram|Alpha

Plants vs. Zombies (WiFi Download Only)

Plants vs. Zombies (Kindle Fire Edition)
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Here is a list of the Birthday Savings Week apps (discounted 50% or more). Some have been discounted/FAOTD in the past. Today (Thursday, March 22) is the last day of this sale.
This sale started a week ago, yet there's no mention of it on the appstore's home page. Go figure.
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This sale started a week ago, yet there's no mention of it on the appstore's home page. Go figure.
I did see it mentioned on the right side of the Appstore's home page this morning, but it looks like they've now substituted an "Angry Birds Space" announcement.

I've been following the Birthday Savings Week apps since the promotion started last week. They've added a number of apps each day but didn't add any additional ones today (the last day), which surprised me.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 03-22-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I did see it mentioned on the right side of the Appstore's home page this morning, but it looks like they've now substituted an "Angry Birds Space" announcement.

I've been following the Birthday Savings Week apps since the promotion started last week. They've added a number of apps each day but didn't add any additional ones today (the last day), which surprised me.
I missed it, but I did see the new Angry Birds Space; so I got it.

Have they removed any of these apps or are they all there from day one?

One thing I did notice is that they're now on their 2nd free app of the day. Sometimes they offer more than one (usually because they "sell" out of the first one).
Old 03-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I missed it, but I did see the new Angry Birds Space; so I got it.

Have they removed any of these apps or are they all there from day one?
No, all the apps haven't been there from day one. They've been adding multiple apps each day (until today), so the entire week's Birthday Savings Week offerings are now listed. That's why I didn't post until today.

Quote:
One thing I did notice is that they're now on their 2nd free app of the day. Sometimes they offer more than one (usually because they "sell" out of the first one).
I noticed that too. Shortly after midnight, the FAOTD was Diamond Wonderland HD. When I woke up this morning, the FAOTD had changed to Backyard Zombies. Diamond Wonderland is still listed as free (usually $1.99), so I don't think it sold out. Neither app is particularly well rated, so I didn't get either.