Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
janvangastel
Edge User

how to copy an e-book to my Edge, from my PC?

I don't have internet acces yet for my Edge and I purchased an e-book from Bol.com. I had to install Adobe Digital Editions. I thought I would be able to copy the e-book to my edge, but I don't see how, because it seems that the book is 'one' with Adobe Digital Editions on my PC. Is there a way, of is it just not possible to get that book into my edge?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
janvangastel
Edge User

OK, thanks. Did that. But when I try to open the e-book, Edge says 'document licensed to another user' and doesn't open the book.

Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
janvangastel
Edge User

I have not registered yet, because I have no internet acces. I ordered a ethernet adapter (and a wireless router) but they haven't arrived yet.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
janvangastel
Edge User

Thanks Boris. I appreciate your quick responses!

Old 07-31-2010, 04:26 AM   #5
leo315
Edge User

thank you

Thank you Boris!

To recap, the eDGe need to be registered first, and the email you use during the registration for Entourage and Adobe should be the same as the email you use for purchasing Adobe Digital Editions ebooks. At least the Adobe account (during registration on the eDGe) and the email your using for the purchase Adobe Digital Editions must be the same.

Does it mean Adobe Digital Editions is DRM protected by the email you use? Am I allowed to read this ebooks where ever I use the correct Adobe account, PC, eDGe, others?

Not protected PDF ebooks/documents can be read anyway on every device including the eDGe.

Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #6
janvangastel
Edge User

I didn't succeed yet in reading the book I bought at Bol.com. I changed my emailadres and password at Bol.com to the ones I used when registering the Edge and downloaded the e-book again, in vain. Then I even purchased the book for the second time, on my new account this time, but even that one I couldn't read om my edge.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
janvangastel
Edge User

Not possible any more Boris. I threw them away, because I was sure that the new one would work.....which I no know isn't the case.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:38 AM   #8
sjarrel
Edge User

For dutch eyes only:

Jan, zijn je problemen al opgelost? Misschien dat deze info je anders op weg helpt: overdraagbaarheid van inhoud op www.adobe.com/nl/products/digitaleditions/faq
Succes.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #9
janvangastel
Edge User

Hi Sjarrel, no, not yet. Thanks for the link.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 AM   #10
janvangastel
Edge User

I have made all the relevant usernames, passwords etc. the same and now it works. Thanks for all answers.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:25 AM   #11
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvangastel View Post
I have made all the relevant usernames, passwords etc. the same and now it works. Thanks for all answers.
Glad it's working! Enjoy your eDGe now.