Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
amitlu
amitlu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Installed new Modem into Kindle

Hi,

I have installed a new modem into my Kindle, however i am by no means a Unix expert so I am trying to configure the device to see if it will work. The modem has an active internet account with the local service provider so in theory, if configured properly, should provide a valid IP connection and I hope full connectivity ....

Any help with the linux configuration will be appreciated.

Thanks
amitlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
jyavenard
Zealot
jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
What do you mean with a new "modem"?

Can the EVDO module on the Kindle be easily replaced?
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
jabz
jabz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Did you find an answer to this? I am trying to do the same with a DX I have imported from the US. I have a valid NZ EVDO card with an account that will fit in the Kindle (sierra wireless)..
jabz is offline   Reply With Quote