Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Stupid noobie questions

Hey, all.

I just bought a PRS-600 yesterday, but I've got couple of questions I can't seem to answer from reading the manual:

1. Is there a way to backup the contents of the reader?

2. Can I move the sample books, music and images off the reader, or delete them?

Thanks in advance!
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheinz View Post
Hey, all.

I just bought a PRS-600 yesterday, but I've got couple of questions I can't seem to answer from reading the manual:

2. Can I move the sample books, music and images off the reader, or delete them?

Thanks in advance!
To delete a book/image/music, you should be able to just select item, press options button, select delete and confirm.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheinz View Post
Hey, all.

Thanks in advance!
1. Yes.. the default directory in a PC is the folder "My Books" . Just back up that directory.

2. Go into the eBook Library software and connect the Reader... in the software, open the Reader section, open the folder for images, select the image and hit delete... that simple.
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
I might have misunderstood the 1 question. My answer was for backing up the books in the PC. If you want to save what you have in your reader:

Connect the reader to your PC via the usb cable provided.... You should see the reader as an additional drive:

All the books are in the books sub folder... look at the photo included. I hope that helps:

wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #5
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for the answers!
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
To delete a book/image/music, you should be able to just select item, press options button, select delete and confirm.
These instructions only seem to work for books.

To delete photos and music I had to start eBook Library, then connect the reader, where I could delete one at a time, several or all. (Similar to windows explorer)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
These instructions only seem to work for books.

To delete photos and music I had to start eBook Library, then connect the reader, where I could delete one at a time, several or all. (Similar to windows explorer)
Hm. I deleted all the sample crap off my 505 without connecting it to the PC. I wouldn't have thought they would have changed that.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
all noobs know its newbie not noobie, and noob is derogratory while newb just means a person that is new.

that noob sux! is mean

I'm going to go teach some newbies how to kill the dungeon master goblin thingie of the fourth dimension.

so calling yourself a noobie means you are a total newbie so I wanted to impart some wisdom on a harmless newb.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote