Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
Cap.T
Enthusiast
Cap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, PRS-T1
Kobo Glo - Issue with book sorting

I hope this is the right place to post this. I got my Kobo Glo today and so far it works pretty well. I got all my books on the device using Calibre and it worked almost perfectly. Almost.

I like my books to be sorted from A to Z. For example if the book is "The Hunger Games" I want the book to show up in my Library under the letter "T". I don't want it under "H". On my Sony PRS-T1 all I had to do to achive this was editing the Metadata in Calibre. For example the first Hunger Games-Book has the following Metadata entries in Calibre:

Title: The Hunger Trilogy 01: The Hunger Games
Title Sort: The Hunger Trilogy 01: The Hunger Games

The Second Book:
Title: The Hunger Trilogy 02: Catching Fire
Title Sort: The Hunger Trilogy 02: Catching Fire

And the same for the third. Now on the PRS-T1 all of the books could be found under "T". On the Glo the sorting has gotten a little bit messed up. The first book can be found correctly under "T". The second and third book however are sorted under "H".

I have similar issues with the rest of my library. Books with a title like "A Troubled..." are found under "T". Other that start with "A Love Story..." are found under "A". The some goes for books with "The" in the title. Some are under "T" most are somewhere else.

I first thought the Metadata was wrong but it doesn't look like it and there are all correctly sorted on the PRS-T1.

I realize that this is more of a cosmetic issue but if someone has an idea I would be thankful!

Last edited by Cap.T; 11-02-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Cap.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have a Kobo mini which sorts in library order (ignoring The or A) but it is consistent. A love story shows up under "L"

I am used to library order so I don't mind that and I don't think it can be changed.

I generally sort by author with the series info appended to the author name using jackie_w's Sony plugboard. I was most pleased when it worked on the Kobo.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Cap.T,

As Helen said, the sorting is being done on the device. Kobo have obviously decided to use library order in their lists.

Also, have you looked at the tweaks in calibre? "title_series_sorting" allows you to choose library order or 'strictly_alphabetic'. Plus there are some for specifying the articles to be moved for the sort title. If you set these appropriately, you won't need to do as much editing to the sort title to get what you want. The series info will still need to be added, that is, if you can't use the series field. Or a custom column to get what you want with no editing.

David
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:19 AM   #4
Cap.T
Enthusiast
Cap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, PRS-T1
Ok, I am going to look into those settings in Calibre. Thanks for you help!
Cap.T is offline   Reply With Quote