Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Fujitsu color e-reader

Just saw this over on Gizmodo:

Fujitsu ereader with color

The article didn't say whether it was e-ink or not, but I'm guessing it is because of the refresh time. At this point, that's just a guess, though.

The link to gizmag calls it e-paper. (Ah, missed it the first read-through, but the article refers to liquid crystal display...)

Edited to correct the gadget blog I actually read this on. Sigh.

Last edited by Studio717; 10-11-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Fujitsu uses a form of cholesteric LCD, so it is e-paper, but not e-ink.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Thanks, NatCh! I updated my post just before I read your post. I have to agree with the article - ghastly name.

Edited to add: Have you seen one in person? The pics all make the screen look pretty dark.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Nope, haven't been to Japan lately.

They do look rather dark to me too — I can only assume that they're brighter in person but don't photograph well, or ... they won't do to well in the marketplace next to e-ink.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
I'll be in Japan next month - if it is readily available I might spot one somewhere. If I do, I'll post my observations. I doubt if I'll have a chance to take a photo.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #6
Studio717
Addict

Thanks, VillageReader. I'll be interested to hear if the screen is as dark and low-contrast as it looks in the pictures.