Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #31
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
For my part, I had to initiate contact to move things along. When I applied, I received a response the following day, letting me know that my application was received and to expect a response in 5-10 working days. I didn't hear anything by the end of that period and I sent a follow-up email; no response to this email by the end of the day so I contacted them by phone. The rep I spoke to finalized my application and gave me a card number. I signed in and paid (via c/card) the $15 fee and I was able to borrow books right away.

A few days later I got a response to my follow-up email, telling me that there was a back-log and I would have to wait another week for my application to be finalized. I simply wrote back to explain that everything was already handled satisfactorily.

My advice is to wait a couple of days and if you don't hear anything, definitely contact them.

(I haven't received a physical card but I don't need one so no biggie)
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #32
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
All righty, thanks everyone! It sounds like it's a lot quicker than I thought it might be. I was worried it was gonna be one of those "Processing takes six to eight weeks" type things, so two weeks is good to hear! Even I can wait that long!
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #33
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I'm having a few problems with the Singapore site - keeps asking me for different details - passport no, then birth certificate, then date of birth, then presented me with another form, half filled in, to fill in again, then told me account was taken, and I had to give date of birth , but no section to do it !

But I've contacted them ,and thrown myself on their mercy, so shall see what happens !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #34
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops.. wrong thread.

Sorry .
Old 02-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #35
carpetmojo
Wizard

Oops........ , no it's not .

Hurrumph.......

Dumb, dumber, dumbest................... etc..
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #36
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Carpetmojo, are you from Singapore? If not, you have to sign up as a Foreigner without FIN?

Also, it may be a good idea to check out this thread, which can help you with questions you may have after you sign up.

Here are the sign-up screenshots for a Foreigner without FIN:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sign up1.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	67075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sign up2.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	67076  
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote