Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 01:53 AM   #1
Cthulhu4u
Cthulhu4u began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Page Numbers

I really like how, on the Kindle Fire HD it will tell you how long you have left in the chapter or book as well as your location. I've noticed that on books purchased from Amazon it will also to you the page number. The page number functionality doesn't seem to work on stuff downloaded from here or any other side loaded books. Is there any way, which a third part program perhaps, to restore this feature to side loaded books?

Thanks
Cthulhu4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu4u View Post
I really like how, on the Kindle Fire HD it will tell you how long you have left in the chapter or book as well as your location. I've noticed that on books purchased from Amazon it will also to you the page number. The page number functionality doesn't seem to work on stuff downloaded from here or any other side loaded books. Is there any way, which a third part program perhaps, to restore this feature to side loaded books?

Thanks
You have to use Calibre to generate the correct files for it. I haven't done it on the fire but I'm sure it works the same. You will need to use Send to Device I believe for it to work.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
Cthulhu4u

What do I have to do in Calibre? I converted to azw3, but what other settings do I need to use in order to get the page numbers?

Thanks for you help.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What do I have to do in Calibre? I converted to azw3, but what other settings do I need to use in order to get the page numbers?

Thanks for you help.
You have to send the book to your Fire from Calibre via USB for the page numbers to be generated.

Once your Fire is connected it should show on Calibre then select books and click the Send to Device button.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Cthulhu4u

Thanks for answering, but It didn't work. Maybe it is something with 3rd party books. Thanks anyway though. I really appreciate it.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks for answering, but It didn't work. Maybe it is something with 3rd party books. Thanks anyway though. I really appreciate it.
Go to plugins in Calibre and search for Kindle Fire Device Interface click on it and choose customize. Make search Page number box is checked.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:37 AM   #7
Cthulhu4u

Hi,

I checked the "send page number" box and the "use slower, more accurate box" but still no page number info shows up on the Fire HD. Do you think maybe I should reconvert all the books or erase all of them from the fire and send them again. I did erase the one I tried to resend before I sent it with Calibre. Thanks again for all trying to help me.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:48 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Hi,

I checked the "send page number" box and the "use slower, more accurate box" but still no page number info shows up on the Fire HD. Do you think maybe I should reconvert all the books or erase all of them from the fire and send them again. I did erase the one I tried to resend before I sent it with Calibre. Thanks again for all trying to help me.
I think you need to post your problem in Calibre's forum where people who have more experience with the program can help you.

I'm sure someone there will know what to do.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:56 AM   #9
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
To get page numbers for the HD the apnx files (page numbers) need to go in the sidecars folder. This folder is found inside the documents and books folders.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:03 AM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
To get page numbers for the HD the apnx files (page numbers) need to go in the sidecars folder. This folder is found inside the documents and books folders.
Does Calibre do this automatically?
Old 11-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Does Calibre do this automatically?
Yes, it does.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote