Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Preview window - two small points

(in Windows 7)

This one's merely cosmetic. By default the Preview and Clips windows are docked at the right of the screen, It's useful to tab between them. Preview doesn't show the whole page, but it's good to have the constant check for malformed code with its red warning box. But, the warning box (or rather the text within it) doesn't display elegantly in the narrow window. The box re-sizes, but the text doesn't.

This is more of a problem, particularly when working between my dual-monitor setup and my laptop. It's wonderful to be able to undock the Preview window, drag it to my second monitor and see a full page! But how do I re-dock it?

Thanks.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
The box re-sizes, but the text doesn't.
Unfortunately, this is a Qt issue. The error text is provided by Qt's WebKit implementation.

Quote:
But how do I re-dock it?
You have two options. Drag the pane to where you want it docked. So if you want to dock in the bottom right drag to that area. The others should move and you'll get a visual indicator that when you release the mouse it will be redocked. This is also how you would move to pane to another dock location.

The other way is to double click the panes title bar.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the quick response.

Double-clicking the title bar works here for un-docking, but not re-docking. I'll try on my other computer (also Windows 7).

BTW, I just made a small donation to Sigil development. It's become a really productive tool for me.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Double-clicking the title bar works here for un-docking, but not re-docking. I'll try on my other computer (also Windows 7).
Interesting. I wonder if it's OS specific. I use a Mac...

Quote:
BTW, I just made a small donation to Sigil development. It's become a really productive tool for me.
Thank you.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Just tested:
All of the following re-dock on W7HP (AMD) by double-clickung their title bar (middle): the Book Browser, the TOC, Clips
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
exaltedwombat
Guru

For me, W7-64, the Book browser and TOC re-dock at the left or right of the screen by dragging, but not by double-clicking. Preview and Clips won't re-dock at all.

Last edited by exaltedwombat; 02-19-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
For me, W8-64, All windows (Book browser, TOC, Preview, clips) dock properly by double clicking and by dragging.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 AM   #8
exaltedwombat
Guru

Sorted (I think) by deleting the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook.
An empty folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Strahinja Markovic had also got left behind from a previous version, but didn't seem to be causing any problem.

Anyway, dockable windows now seem to work as intended.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorted (I think) by deleting the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook.
An empty folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Strahinja Markovic had also got left behind from a previous version, but didn't seem to be causing any problem.

Anyway, dockable windows now seem to work as intended.

Inside there were 2 files that caught my eye:

BETA-Sigil.ini and Sigil.ini

I deleted those and left the others.

It works again. I wonder if there is some BETA ini code leftover and ini things are getting crossed up?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
exaltedwombat
Guru

There's still something funny going on, based I think on sigil.ini not storing window positions quite as it should. Maybe when all 4 dockable windows have been messed with?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
The geometry of the windows is saved in sigil.ini. So if you delete that file you will reset it to the default layout (and remove other settings as well). (Deleting the sigil folder will also delete your clips, searches, user dictionaries, etc. so I wouldn't recommend that).

Since the docking/undocking works fine in Linux (even with 5+ undocked and minimized/maximized), it looks like another problem with Qt5.0.1
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

meme
there was something really strange going on.
Before I deleted BETA-Sigil.ini and sigil.ini,

I had the ability to have a Tabbed Book Browser + Clips

After deleting NO tabs, just above and below

It is tricky (on XP)
To get Tabs:
the window must be in a separate Horizontal docked position, not below.
Drag that window OVER, Not above or below the one to be Tabbed With
Repeat to have all 3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil-side tabs.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	101666  
Old 02-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #13
exaltedwombat
Guru

The odd thing is, after deleting the INI file, docking works for a bit..