Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 11:13 PM   #16
ronw
Enthusiast
ronw began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
New Zealand Whitcoulls can not give any indication when new stock will arrive.
I am so glad I got mine first day but now everyone wants one. What I hate is that local firm has no cases fro Kobo and say that they will get some in future. I have given up waiting and just ordered a case from Amazon. US$24 it should be here in a few weeks
ronw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #17
SageTracey
Enthusiast
SageTracey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTracey View Post
Angus and Robertson seem to have stock - according to their website, anyway. I ordered on Friday and am hoping to have mine within a week.
A week after placing order, A and R email to say that they have no stock! So why does their website continue to say that they have white readers in stock?

I think it's called bait advertising and is illegal! It's certainly not a good way to win customer support.
SageTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:35 PM   #18
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
Same thing happened with Borders too, people were putting in orders when it stated "shipping in 24 hours" and then when they emailed they were told it would be a week to get restock. There is a large thread on Whirlpool with people's complaints in it there, I just think demand has waaaaaay out stripped supply for the kobo product no matter where it was and they webmasters cant keep up.

You can always cancel your order with them.
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #19
SageTracey
Enthusiast
SageTracey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTracey View Post
Angus and Robertson seem to have stock - according to their website, anyway. I ordered on Friday and am hoping to have mine within a week.
Seems I was just dreaming (above!)
I rang A and R today, two weeks after ordering, only to be told that it is still another two weeks away. It wasn't the call centre woman's fault, but I did point out there is no mention of a delay on their website!
Getting frustrated now....
SageTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:46 AM   #20
elvee
elvee began at the beginning.

Device: bebook, bebook mini, sony Prs 600, Sony Prs650 Kobo Touch, Kindle Tou
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraemeWi View Post
Could be that there is more competition for ereaders in Australia, and the retail has to be more competitive there vs here where there is less available and margin can be maintained. Sucks for us to be in NZ sometimes! At least our milk is cheaper :-)
I'll remember that when I have my cereal in the morning!! I was thinking that you could look into getting a device from here on-line?? I saw a Kobo Touch advertised for $165.00 from J B HI-FI. I don't know if they do business on-line but it could be worth doing some investigating.
Regards
Elvee
elvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:03 AM   #21
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvee View Post
I'll remember that when I have my cereal in the morning!! I was thinking that you could look into getting a device from here on-line?? I saw a Kobo Touch advertised for $165.00 from J B HI-FI. I don't know if they do business on-line but it could be worth doing some investigating.
Regards
Elvee
I'm a bit confused about why you've bumped a topic from last year ? The info is now out of date, Kobos are now widely available in Australia
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, kobo