Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 05-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #16
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
pilotbob, you nailed it!

I read Neptune Crossing a couple of months ago and I really enjoyed it. I went back to Jeff's homepage, left a tip and downloaded Strange Attractors, The Infinite Sea and Sunborn. Today, I've downloaded Eternity's End and I'm looking forward to some more entertaining reading.

I didn't mind the /// at all /// - I found the writing style original. It was clear what was being said out loud and what was in John's head.

I like John and the quarx, too, and I enjoyed their interaction. I thought Napoleon and Copernicus added a bit of slapstick - and I'm happy to see that continues in Strange Attractors.

Well done, Jeff!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #17
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I would have said that the arsehole employers were a bit over the top in their snarkiness, but then I realized that I work for the current day precursor of that place. When they own you, they really pwn you. And the denial of reality to suit the corporate greed was, I feel spot on. And I liked it that the alien was a bit of a blundering ignoramus at times. Made it more real to me. "I sort of burned out the sensor array when I looked at the sun. Sorry."
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #18
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell
I like John and the quarx, too, and I enjoyed their interaction. I thought Napoleon and Copernicus added a bit of slapstick - and I'm happy to see that continues in Strange Attractors.
I should have added that I liked the robots a lot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I would have said that the arsehole employers were a bit over the top in their snarkiness, but then I realized that I work for the current day precursor of that place. When they own you, they really pwn you.
I didn't think they were over the top at all. I think many employers are like that... The interaction with company staff was one of the strongest parts of the book for me.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book club, mrbc