Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
Question Update firmware,to change interface LANGUAGE

Hi guys,

I have bought a T3 from Japan, but i don't know Japanese.
So may someone tell me how update firmware, to change interface to English menu?

sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Talk to Sony support to see if they will help.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #3
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

i try it ,but nothing help from SONY.

and i don't know Japanese, but my friend took me a T3 , he said this product is good for human body.

I have used kindle paperwhite 1 Gen, although the screen's contrast is good,
but while reading i found the KPW1 is a tool,not as a book,
Both hand holding or flip, which are actuated difficult for me to concentrate on reading.

Last edited by sbwtxj; 10-27-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
sbwtxj
Groupie

The following is from SONY SUPPORT:

Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding the language of your PRS-T3 E-Reader. We apologise for any inconvenience the issue has caused you so far.
In regard to your query, we advice you to perform the below steps to change the language of your PRS-T3.
Settings
Changing the Settings
General Settings
Menu Language
Sets the menu language
This can be found in the user manual on page 215 in the below link
http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4470508411.pdf

If you could not find English, then we regret to inform you that there are no available updates to change the E-Reader language to English as it was purchased from Japan, as each product is designed to function in a specific country.
I am sorry I cannot be of greater assistance on this occasion, however I hope that my e-mail has gone some way to clarifying this matter.

Yours sincerely
Hagar

Sony Customer Support
Sony Europe Limited

Email: via www.sony.co.uk
Phone: 0844 8466 555
Phone: VAIO out of warranty - 0905 031 0006 (35p/min plus network charges)
Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Which is what you've already been told a few times. You bought the unit from Japan and you cannot change it to English. Nor can it go the other way around for that matter.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:47 AM   #6
sbwtxj
Groupie

sorry Shopaholic,

I really want to solve this problem.
Because I really like the device.
I am in Asia, I do not want ship an English version from Europe.

I don't know Japanese, otherwise I would request to help for SONY Japan company.

Not give up this excllent device for language menu!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:04 AM   #7
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Settings -> 設定
Language -> 言語

With that, you should be able to find your way to the English settings
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:03 AM   #8
imakai
imakai began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Language Setting Menu is not for Japanese OS but UK.

I also Japanese T3 but I want English OS, too.

I checked UK English Manaul for T3, There was language change menu in English OS but not for Japanese OS.

In order to switch language, I guess English firmware would be need.

I am looking forward to hearing this problem solve too.
imakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:47 AM   #9
sbwtxj
Groupie

Hi everyone,
I want to change the menu From Japanese to English.
But the Japanese menu has not english menu item.
So i want to get English firmware, where download? and How to update the Japanese device?
Old 11-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Except if the T3 is really different, there is no need to install anything. Just look for the kanji written above and you should be fine.
Last thing, English is 英語.
If you still can't manage to set it in English, can someone post screenshots/pictures?
Old 11-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
sbwtxj
Groupie

Japanese company reply, Japanese products only Japanese menu.

If someone has tested, the use of English firmware to brush the Japanese machine.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
samhy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
Japanese company reply, Japanese products only Japanese menu.
And yet, the process has been explained by Sony. So I'm quite confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
The following is from SONY SUPPORT:

Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding the language of your PRS-T3 E-Reader. We apologise for any inconvenience the issue has caused you so far.
In regard to your query, we advice you to perform the below steps to change the language of your PRS-T3.
Settings
Changing the Settings
General Settings
Menu Language
Sets the menu language
You never said if you managed to find the kanji written above, at least the one for setting. That would be the first step. Let me know, and we'll go from there.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
samhy
Wizard

Oh and according to the Sony website, the menu and messages are displayed in Japanese and English on the T3.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #14
yanwong1990
yanwong1990 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-T3(prospective)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Oh and according to the Sony website, the menu and messages are displayed in Japanese and English on the T3.
There's is small box next to the Q&A messages:

対象型名:

PRS-350
PRS-650

I assume that it means this only apply to 350 and 650
yanwong1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #15
sbwtxj
Groupie

Question

sorry,
Your said is only supported for PRS-350 and PRS-650 .

Visited the Japanese website, but i don't know Japanese.
The T series Prs ereader has only Japanese menu,
general setting no language menu.