Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
testndtv
testndtv began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS
Unable to convert pdf to other formats (epub/rtf/doc)

Hello,

I have a pdf file which I am unable to convert to epub/rtf/doc

The reason I want to convert the file is because the font does not scale in the reader. Even though the content is "text"

Also when trying to convert, I get some junk content after conversion;
Some part of the converted content below
&IKMRRMRK M4LSRI
(IZIPSTQIRX
)\TPSVMRK XLI M4LSRI 7(/
(% 1%6/
.)** 0%1%6',)

Could you please help me.

If you want I can send the doc properties.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 09-24-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Linked removed
testndtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
perost
Enthusiast
perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
The document is most likely just scanned directly from a book, so the pages are just images. You'd need to use OCR software to get text from it, but you will probably not get very good results unless the pages consist of only pure text.

Also, I wouldn't recommend that you post links to copyrighted material on this forum.
perost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert