Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
tessel
tessel began at the beginning.

Device: none
ABBYY Finereader - Possible to command line/auto convert?

Hi all. Just playing with the demo version of Finereader and I am wondering if there is anyway to auto/batch convert files without any intervention? I figured out how to start finereader and have it automatically open an image file, but is there anyway to open, convert and save files with no user interaction? I tried looking for some command line batch processing OCR software and wondering if anyone had any luck doing this with ABBYY? Thanks.

Tess
tessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Just set it to auto-read, and load up a 100 pages or so. You shouldn't have to do anything else until it is finished, provided the page layout is simple (eg. a novel).

I'll have another look at the settings tonight.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hello

You can do this using ABBYY Hot Folder (Available in ABBYY FineReader 10 Corporate Edition and ABBYY FineReader 10 Site License Edition only).

If you have access to the user manual, it’s explained in page 53 and following.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
AbbyUser
AbbyUser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessel View Post
Hi all. Just playing with the demo version of Finereader and I am wondering if there is anyway to auto/batch convert files without any intervention? I figured out how to start finereader and have it automatically open an image file, but is there anyway to open, convert and save files with no user interaction? I tried looking for some command line batch processing OCR software and wondering if anyone had any luck doing this with ABBYY? Thanks.

Tess
---
Hi Tess,

I was wondering if you found any answers to your query?
I am trying the same with AbbyFineReader 9.0. But was only able to open the the files automatically, but not save them individually.

Could you let me know if you found any solution.

Thanks,
AbbyUser is offline   Reply With Quote