Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #76
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by recordsmith View Post
Hey guys,

I am new to running Java. Could someone tell me how to run this program? I am running OS X10.5. I have downloaded it. Now when I try to run the command on the first page I get "Unable to access LRFT..." What is the process for running the program?

Thanks
Jon
Does the command line on the first message not work for you? What command are you running?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #77
Seleuco
Seleuco began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
OK. Nice work! A big improvement.

Parece que ya no peta ningún epub.

El problema de las fuentes en e PDF lo tienes en la regenta (al ppio del libro el primer diálogo pag 5) y muchos otros libros donde aparecen guión y letra. (este bug particularmente es el que mas me joroba ya que muchos de los lrf que tengo tienen ese problema) Me da gana de sacar el eclipse y tirar de debugger, pero tiene telita tu código (me baje del svn los src)... jeje....

Lo curioso es que se ve mal con el acrobat (versión 8) de windows, el el iphone se ve bién.

También sigue pasando lo del doble espaciado... también me parece muy critico porque hace el formato del epub poco usable. Pasa en todos los epub...

He probado rápido y parece que sigue sin ir bien los enlaces en los epub, en uno me han funcionado pero en otros muchos no.

Attached Files
File Type: txt output.txt (265.9 KB, 1578 views)
Seleuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #78
recordsmith
recordsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Curve
Yes the I have tried the command from the first message and I got the, "Unable to access LRFTools-v0.9.148.jar" message. I am using terminal. I am accessing the .jar file from the directory it resides in. Any thoughts?
recordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #79
recordsmith
recordsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Curve
I am sorry, I am dumb. I just spelled the .jar file wrong. I went back and looked at the command. Dumb.

Sorry again for being stupid.
recordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #80
Gagan
Gagan began at the beginning.

Device: epub
I tried to use java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar LRFTools-vx.y.z.jar convertPDF "C:\test" but it dint work. It gave me the parameter output meaning some parameter is wrong.
Can u plz tell me how to convert pdf to epub using this tool.
Thanx.
Gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 12:44 AM   #81
Gagan
Gagan began at the beginning.

Device: epub
actually this is the command I ran ..the correct version of the LRF...
java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar LRFTools-v0.9.148.jar convertPDF "C:\test"
Gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:22 AM   #82
elinares
Xtreme Quijote
elinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan View Post
actually this is the command I ran ..the correct version of the LRF...
java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar LRFTools-v0.9.148.jar convertPDF "C:\test"
Hi gagan. To use convertPDF actually you need to specify -SVG. I've reserved the above command line for the new PDF2EPUB conversion method. So, now you must write:

java -Xms200M -Xmx300M -jar LRFTools-v0.9.148.jar convertPDF "C:\test" -SVG
elinares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:43 AM   #83
QBColleen
QBColleen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
1) I downloaded Water for Elephants in .rgo format...what the heck is that? What can open it. When I clicked it..adobe acrobat opened and said, "sorry it won't work here"..(it has the adobe icon)...
2) I still can't find a DRM buster(remover thingie), I have one .lit file and just a couple of .pdf's that won't open ...are drm'd.

3) Which brings me to frictionwise...(yes, frictionwise!!) I downloaded Duma Key in .lit cuz at the time I was converting my .lit's to .rtf's...I, not having dealt with them or purchased a book, assumed (wrongly) that I'd convert it...well I found out the hard way...it wouldn't convert.

4) I'm now wanting to purchase another book: Edgar Sawtelle...and don't see .lrf option. Is is safe to click BBEB? If I pick the wrong format...they won't swap with me or even answer an inquiry.

I ramble...it's almost 1 a.m., but these are my questions that I've wanted answered for several days.

Colleen with more converter's than books (almost)

TIA, C in CA
QBColleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #84
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

New Version 0.9.160 PDF to EPUB

True PDF to EPUB conversion added.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #85
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Any chance of PDF to HTML ??? That would be truly wondermous!!

Right now I can use LRFtools to go from LRF to HTML, and then html2mobi to go to Mobi. If I had a way to make PDF become mobi, I'd be so happy!!!

P.S. Thanks for the goodness in LRFtools that lets me make LRF files become readable in mobi (on my Kindle). Now I'm just reaching for the moon, and asking for PDFs to work equally well for my particular needs.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #86
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Any chance of PDF to HTML ??? That would be truly wondermous!!

Right now I can use LRFtools to go from LRF to HTML, and then html2mobi to go to Mobi. If I had a way to make PDF become mobi, I'd be so happy!!!

P.S. Thanks for the goodness in LRFtools that lets me make LRF files become readable in mobi (on my Kindle). Now I'm just reaching for the moon, and asking for PDFs to work equally well for my particular needs.
You can now convert PDF to EPUB. If you change book file name extension from .epub to .zip you can open book content, and this is html/css (LRFTools saves html pages, images and css files to OBPS directory).
Old 12-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #87
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinares View Post
You can now convert PDF to EPUB. If you change book file name extension from .epub to .zip you can open book content, and this is html/css (LRFTools saves html pages, images and css files to OBPS directory).
I wonder if I'm missing some fonts, or some program. Here is a sample of what LRFTools made for me, with EPUB output. The first is from a PDF file, so I used "convertPDF". It's not a useable output, at least viewing the html (epub) bits on my mac. Would it be better after html2mobi conversion?

The second is similar (PDF via convertPDF) but is at least readable. I like the title alteration (should be BUBBLE).

The third is from a LRF file. I used "convert -EPUB" (older version maybe, if the options don't currently match). It's quite good, other than quotation marks. But I can't get "good" from an original PDF file. My success (above) is with "convert -HTML". THAT's great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	badPDFKonrath.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	19113   Click image for larger version

Name:	poorPDFbubble.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	19114   Click image for larger version

Name:	okPDFThief.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	19115  

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 12-12-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: clarify
Old 12-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #88
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Also -- SVG isn't recognized by many browsers on the mac. Is JPG an option?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #89
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Also -- SVG isn't recognized by many browsers on the mac. Is JPG an option?
SVG is a vector language while JPG is a raster language. Read the wiki article to learn about the difference Graphics
Converting to SWF and using a shockwave add on would be better but the ePUB standard only supports SVG.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #90
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I tried this on this file:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34128

The line spacing was really bad. It went into triple-spacing.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote