Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #46
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
-d, --device kindle5 Alias for k5w, k5g, k5gb, pw, pwg & pwgb
Should this also include pwgc?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #47
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: It does, the doc is wrong. Will fix, thanks for catching that .

EDIT: Done.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-01-2013 at 12:49 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #48
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Salut NiLuJe

I realize that you're probably busy, because you haven't been here in a while...

Anyway, here's the periodic new problem: A new Kindle Paperwhite, with a new serial number. See this post and the 3 or 4 follow-ups...

So, my suggestion is the following: do you think that it makes sense to add a new option which would allow to directly provide a raw serial number (prefix), in addition to the symbolic names... ?

... for example like this:
Code:
kindletool create ota2 -d pw -d pwg -d xB020 files/ update_mystuff.bin
I feel almost ashamed to ask this, but I never really managed to compile kindletool on my own - so I'm relying on your work...

Anyway, as said, I think that providing such an option would also be beneficial in the long run, because it wouldn't require kindletool to always support all the latest devices.

Last edited by ixtab; 04-22-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: fixed link
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #49
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ixtab: Thanks for the poke (and the link), I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise . I'll do a quick patch/release tonight, and I'll try to implement something like that as soon as I have free time again (namely, next week/month), because, yeah, I can see how it might be helpful ^^.

FWIW, there is a list of as yet unseen in the wild, but valid device IDs that kindletool can support, but it's not built in by default (it's hidden behind the KT_UNKNOWN_DEVID ifdef, which is automatically enabled in debug builds. The one in question here was on this list ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-22-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #50
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released 1.5.8, with Brazilian 3G PaperWhite support .

(OS X & Cygwin binaries not up to date).

I'll try to repack my stuff sometime during the week .
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #51
arthurdapaz
arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exclamation My problem has updated!

Hi guys, I'm trying to make some .bin packages work for my Kindle PW.
Check the process below, and tell-me what I'm doing wrong!

$kindletool extract update_python_0.3.N_install.bin temporary_folder

Spoiler:
Code:
Extracting update package update_python_0.3.N_install.bin to temporary_folder
Bundle         FB02
Bundle Type    Recovery
MD5 Hash       dc4b33a90d17edd03d36de78e91b9483
Magic 1        0
Magic 2        0
Minor          0
Device         Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Brazil
x temp/install.sh
x temp/python.tar.bz2
x temp/utils.tar.gz
x temp/install.sh.sig
x temp/python.tar.bz2.sig
x temp/utils.tar.gz.sig
x update-filelist.dat.sig
x update-filelist.dat

$kindletool create recovery -d pwgbr temporary_folder/* update_python_0.3.N_pwgbr_install.bin

Spoiler:
Code:
Building Recovery (FB02) update package update_python_0.3.N_pwgbr_install.bin for 1 device (Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Brazil), Minor: 0, Magic 1: 0, Magic 2: 0
a temporary_folder/temp
a temporary_folder/temp/install.sh              <-
a temporary_folder/temp/python.tar.bz2
a temporary_folder/temp/utils.tar.gz
! temporary_folder/temp/install.sh.sig
! temporary_folder/temp/python.tar.bz2.sig
! temporary_folder/temp/utils.tar.gz.sig
! temporary_folder/update-filelist.dat
! temporary_folder/update-filelist.dat.sig
a temporary_folder/temp/install.sh.sig
a temporary_folder/temp/python.tar.bz2.sig
a temporary_folder/temp/utils.tar.gz.sig
a update-filelist.dat.sig
a update-filelist.dat

$dir
Spoiler:
Code:
30/04/2013  00:19    <DIR>          .
30/04/2013  00:19    <DIR>          ..
30/04/2013  00:05         7.266.595 update_python_0.3.N_install.bin
30/04/2013  00:19    <DIR>          temporary_folder
30/04/2013  00:20         7.266.681 update_python_0.3.N_pwgbr_install.bin
               2 file(s)     14.533.276 bytes
               3 folder(s)   653.432.979.456 bytes available

--------------------------
1. Now with the package converted for my brazillian Kindle, I finally put the file "update_python_0.3.N_pwgbr_install.bin" on the device´s root folder and eject the hardware;

2. Went to Settings -> Update Your Kindle (not greyed out)... he asks me to restart to complete the update process, and I touch Ok...
And then, it reboots but I got a "UPDATE ERROR: 3" (check the image below)

Click image for larger version

Name:	kindlepw3gwifibrasil_updateError.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	613.0 KB
ID:	105132

What am I doing wrong?

Important info:
Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.5 (jailbroken by ixtab´s method - B020 serial number)

Last edited by arthurdapaz; 04-29-2013 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Kindletool working under Windows
arthurdapaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:45 AM   #52
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
First, get a correct python bundle.
I don't know where your update_python_0.3.N_install.bin comes from but the one from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474 is not a recovery bundle but a classic OTA2 bundle. It also doesn't contain any temp directory.
Then:
Code:
kindletool extract update_python_0.3.N_install.bin temporary_folder
cd temporary_folder
del *.sig
del update-filelist.dat
kindletool create ota2 -d pwgbr * ../update_python_0.3.N_pwgbr_install.bin
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #53
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
First, get a correct python bundle.
I don't know where your update_python_0.3.N_install.bin comes from but the one from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474 is not a recovery bundle but a classic OTA2 bundle. It also doesn't contain any temp directory.
Then:
Code:
kindletool extract update_python_0.3.N_install.bin temporary_folder
cd temporary_folder
del *.sig
del update-filelist.dat
kindletool create ota2 -d pwgbr * ../update_python_0.3.N_pwgbr_install.bin
Well, the poster is using the Mac OSx version, not the windows version, but I am sure everyone gets the idea.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #54
arthurdapaz
arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Thank you guys! I did it!
Something are still not working perfectly, but I'm going to update this next weekend a video with a full tutorial with my progress on my Paperwhite!

Thanks everyone for being such helpful!
arthurdapaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #55
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurdapaz View Post
Thank you guys! I did it!
Something are still not working perfectly, but I'm going to update this next weekend a video with a full tutorial with my progress on my Paperwhite!

Thanks everyone for being such helpful!
Are you going to post the Mac OSx binary somewhere ?
Like, maybe, attach to this thread?
Old 05-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #56
Arhim
Enthusiast
Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

How to make Paperwhite kindlet?

Hello!

I test extract and compile on my Windows, and can make update.bin file, but i need some simple example how-to compile .azw2 for Paperwhite. I read about makeing a kindlet for old Kindles, but not for touch.

I want to make simple kindlet (button) to exucate simple command without GUI.

Please, help me with java`s compile tutorial for Paperwhite kindlet.
Arhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #57
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhim View Post
I want to make simple kindlet (button) to exucate simple command without GUI.
That is **exactly** what the KUAL luncher does.
Write your button as a KUAL button - no java involved.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #58
Arhim
Enthusiast
Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

i made for KUAL.

but i need my own button - it very interesting for me.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #59
Arhim
Enthusiast

i want my first update.bin.

i made compilation of .bin test file, and now i want to put inside it .azw2 kindlet with simple function.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #60
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhim View Post
i made for KUAL.

but i need my own button - it very interesting for me.
Buttons are extremely easy to write.

Sort topics on the Prefix: HowTo

Tags
kindletool, update