Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur
mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Sony EReader
POISON IN THE BLOOD - The Memoirs Of Lucrezia Borgia

Hi everyone -- I'm pleased to announce that I have a new release, my second historical novel Poison In The Blood: The Memoirs Of Lucrezia Borgia! It's set in Renaissance Rome, during the scandalous reign of the Borgia family, and features Lucrezia Borgia as a young noblewoman fighting to save her husband from assassination.

The story is inspired by true events, and the research and writing took me nearly two years.

Here's the official description below:

POISON IN THE BLOOD
The Memoirs Of Lucrezia Borgia

1497, Renaissance Rome: As the teenage daughter of Pope Alexander VI, Lucrezia Borgia is a young noblewoman immersed in all the glamor of the Vatican Palace. Yet after a brutal killing shocks the city, Lucrezia learns that a dark truth lies beneath the surface of the Papal Court: in their ruthless quest for power, her father and brother are willing to poison their enemies.

Her family are murderers.

After discovering that her new husband is next to die, Lucrezia struggles to help him escape from Rome before the assassins strike. Against a barrage of political intrigues, papal spies, and diabolical tricks, Lucrezia uses all her wits to defy her family and save her husband from assassination. But as tragedy looms ever closer, and her plans gradually fail, she finds herself confronting an enemy far more sinister than she ever imagined…

Now Available -- $4.95

Find The eBook at:

Amazon
Amazon UK
Barnes & Noble
Apple iBookstore
Sony Reader Store
Smashwords

Last edited by mgscarsbrook; 09-06-2011 at 05:28 AM.
mgscarsbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur
mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.mgscarsbrook seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

POISON IN THE BLOOD is now part of the book-club over at the fan pages for Showtime's THE BORGIAS. It's an upcoming TV series (like The Tudors) due to start on April 3. I'm so excited!

http://theborgias.wetpaint.com/page/...or+The+Borgias

Hopefully this bookclub, and the TV series, will help get the word out about my new novel and the fascinating life of Lucrezia Borgia!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

OPERA!

I just discovered that there's currently an production of Donizetti's Opera 'Lucrezia Borgia', performed by the English National Opera at the Coliseum in London.

Hopefully it will encourage interest in one of history's most intriguing women, and the star character of my novel POISON IN THE BLOOD:

Here's the link:

http://www.whatsonstage.com/reviews/...ia+Borgia.html
Old 02-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

My First Author Interview!

Two Ends of the Pen have just posted their author interview with me. In it, I mention the writing of my novel POISON IN THE BLOOD: THE MEMOIRS OF LUCREZIA BORGIA as well as my other work.

Here's the link, if you'd like to read it:

http://twoendsofthepen.blogspot.com/
Old 02-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

$0.99 SALE!

Just wanted to announce that POISON IN THE BLOOD has gone on sale -- $0.99!

FIND IT AT:

AMAZON

AMAZON UK

BARNES & NOBLE

SMASHWORDS

KOBO

SONY READER STORE
Old 02-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
Alm Hlgh
BelieveNLove Alm Hlgh
Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Congratulations!!! I wish you much love and success in all of your endeavors...
Alm Hlgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alm Hlgh View Post
Congratulations!!! I wish you much love and success in all of your endeavors...
Thanks a lot, Alm Hlgh -- I really appreciate it!

Nice to meet you!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

Lucrezia Borgia in the flesh!

Have just seen the actress -- Holliday Grainger -- who will play Lucrezia Borgia in the upcoming Showtime series. Should be interesting to see what she does with the character.

If her portrayal is a success it will hopefully stimulate even more interest in one of history's most intriguing women (and the main character of POISON IN THE BLOOD!).

Last edited by mgscarsbrook; 03-02-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

GUEST POST!

I have a guest post today on Lucrezia Borgia, the heroine of my novel, over at Historically Obsessed - "Lucrezia Borgia: The Most Evil Woman In History... Or The Most Wronged?"

If you want to learn more about the legend of Lucrezia Borgia, here's the link:

http://historicallyobsessed.blogspot.com/
Old 03-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

Brief Appearance In USA TODAY

USA TODAY mentions Poison In The Blood in a recent article on fiction about the Borgias! Not bad!

Of course, they literally only mentioned my novel, but it still counts... I'll take everything I can get...

Recognition at last!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...rgias_VA_N.htm
Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

The Borgias Goes Global!

Good news for Lucrezia Borgia fans everywhere!

Showtime's new TV series 'The Borgias' has just started, and now it's been sold around the world:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118034982?refCatId=14

Apparently, Lucrezia has also been voted the most popular character on the show, so far.

Hope it continues!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:50 AM   #12
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

Bonus Edition!

A bonus edition of POISON IN THE BLOOD with extended nonfiction material is now available.

My novel on Lucrezia Borgia now also features my popular literary collection THE LIFE & COMPLETE WORKS OF LUCREZIA BORGIA -- this additional ebook gathers together all the crucial information needed for a study into the life of Lucrezia, including a detailed timeline, biographical profile, an extensive description of her life in Rome, and a discussion of the Borgia family's connection to poison.

Optimized for navigation on the Kindle, with a table of contents linked to every section, this ebook also features a broad collection of texts about Lucrezia and her notorious family.

INCLUDED INSIDE:
- Lucretia Borgia: According To Original Documents and Correspondence of Her Day by Ferdinand Gregorovius
- The Borgias by Alexander Dumas (from 'Celebrated Crimes')
- The Life of Cesare Borgia by Rafael Sabatini
- Lucrezia Borgia, libretto by Felice Romani for the Opera by Gaetano Donizetti (in Italian)
- Encyclopedia Britannica articles (11th edition) on Lucrezia Borgia and Cesare Borgia
- Love Letter From Pietro Bembo to Lucrezia Borgia
Old 05-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #13
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

Giveaways!

It's Lucrezia Borgia Week over at the excellent blog Enchanted By Josephine.

Visit all this week to read an author interview and reviews, or for the chance to win a copy of my novel POISON IN THE BLOOD or THE LIFE & LEGEND OF LUCREZIA BORGIA.

http://enchantedbyjosephine.blogspot.com/
Old 06-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #14
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

LindyLouMac Book Reviews

New Review!

The lively Italian blog LindyLouMac's Book Reviews has posted a review of POISON IN THE BLOOD.

Here's a taster of the full review:

"Written as a memoir narrated by Lucrezia in the first person the blend of fiction and historical fact makes her come alive on the pages as she relates to us the intrigue and tragedy of her fathers court. There is no doubt in my mind that Pope Alexander VI was a nasty and brutal man, I disliked his character immensely. Even I knew of the historical connections of the Borgia family to poison, plus the title of the book so it was no surprise that the poison aspect brings the suspense to a story which I recommend to fans of historical novels looking for a quick read."

Want to read a free excerpt of the novel? Visit my website -- http://www.mgscarsbrook.com/Poison_In_The_Blood.html
Old 06-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #15
mgscarsbrook
Connoisseur

FOREIGN RIGHTS SOLD!

Brazilian Rights (Portuguese translation) have just been sold to Geracao Editorial. They're a mid-sized publisher with a very respectable list of authors, including historical fiction bestseller Margaret George.

This is the first (and hopefully not the last) foreign rights deal for one of my novels. Go Lucrezia!

Geracao is rushing POISON IN THE BLOOD out, too -- the novel is due to be published as a Trade Paperback by this October. I can't wait!

And if that wasn't enough to make me giddy, there is also a possible chance of a tie-in stage production in Brazil, but more on that later...

Tags
historical, historical fiction, mystery, thriller, young adult