Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #16
elinares
Xtreme Quijote
elinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Hmmm, I attached two examples. The source file for conversion to lrf was plain HTML, no special formatting. The de-converted rtf file looks great, but the line spacing on the PDF goes wonky in places. See the attached examples.

I will reiterate, great tool - many many thanks.
Could you post me the example please (lrf file)? Thanks
elinares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #17
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
I'm trying it with no luck so far.
Running java -version, results in:
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07_b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (Build 10.0-b23, mixed mode, sharing)

Trying to run the command:
java -Xms100M -Xmx100M -jar LRFTools.jar convert h:\ebook Conversion\lrftools -RTF

trying to get just an rtf output for a single lrf (Trumpet-Major.lrf) in the directory results in:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at lrf.parse.ResurseDirs.convertAction(RecurseDirs.ja va:186)
at lrf.parse.ResurseDirs.(init)(RecurseDirs.java:108)
at lrf.parse.ResurseDirs.main(RecurseDirs.java:33)

Since I'm not a java-phile, I have no idea where to go from here. Any help out there?

Thanks,
Gene
Try with quotes on dir:

java -Xms100M -Xmx100M -jar LRFTools.jar convert "h:\ebook Conversion\lrftools" -RTF
Old 09-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #18
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by elinares View Post
Could you post me the example please (lrf file)? Thanks
You can grab both the lrf and the raw HTML here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28515

I've reviewed the same section in the HTML file and see nothing special, but perhaps I am overlooking it. It was converted with Calibre's html2lrf, the command used is in the same post as the files.

On that note, what I would really love is well-formatted HTML from LRF, any chance of that?

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-04-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Added info
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Great effort! This totally should be a sticky post.
I made this a sticky earlier today.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #20
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
No luck with < java -Xms100M -Xmx100M -jar LRFTools.jar convert a -RTF > neither.

I'm trying this book here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...429#post246429
Hope new version 0.1.21 works well...
Old 09-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #21
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Quote:
Try with quotes on dir:

java -Xms100M -Xmx100M -jar LRFTools.jar convert "h:\ebook Conversion\lrftools" -RTF
Thanks, Elinares:
Enclosing the directory in quotes got me part-way there. Got a conversion without error messages, but the file contains only the images--no text. If there are no images in the file, I get a single blank rtf page. Any ideas?
Thanks,
GeneS

Last edited by GeneS; 09-04-2008 at 07:52 PM.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:18 AM   #22
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Hope new version 0.1.21 works well...
It works well with the file I linked before.
It does not with other files, which I got by conversion from other formats.
Calibre read them well, and the LRF2LRS converter works well.

I cannot post them here, though, because in the US they're still under copyright.

In any case, Thank you!

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:29 AM   #23
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
I changed font size with =X='s LRF2LRF and it worked, but I got a RTF with a bold "Error! Hyperlink reference not valid." at each page break.

Things are getting better...

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #24
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
I changed font size with =X='s LRF2LRF and it worked, but I got a RTF with a bold "Error! Hyperlink reference not valid." at each page break.

Things are getting better...

Yes, I've notice it if you use Microsoft Word, StarOffice does not prompt you. Anyway links in RTF have problems actually; I'm working on...
Old 09-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #25
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
java -Xms100M -jar /usr/local/bin/LRFTools.jar convert dick_pk/ -RTF
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /software/sony/dick_pk\Do_Androids_Dream_of_Electric_Sheep.lrf (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.jav a:106)
at lrf.objects.Book.getFile(Book.java:173)
at lrf.objects.Book.<init>(Book.java:119)
at lrf.parse.RecurseDirs.convertAction(RecurseDirs.ja va:189)
at lrf.parse.RecurseDirs.<init>(RecurseDirs.java:101)
at lrf.parse.RecurseDirs.main(RecurseDirs.java:26)
Not working here. Does this require Windows? I ask because of the java.io.FileNotFoundException.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:43 AM   #26
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Not working here. Does this require Windows? I ask because of the java.io.FileNotFoundException.
I've made a mistake. No, windows is not required, but *nix does not like '\' as path separator ...
Old 09-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #27
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
URL?

I've read this thread twice and I can't find a URL to download LRFTools from. Am I just missing it or is the link missing?
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithno View Post
I've read this thread twice and I can't find a URL to download LRFTools from. Am I just missing it or is the link missing?
See the first post in this thread for the attachment.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28707
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #29
elinares
Xtreme Quijote

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
Thanks, Elinares:
Enclosing the directory in quotes got me part-way there. Got a conversion without error messages, but the file contains only the images--no text. If there are no images in the file, I get a single blank rtf page. Any ideas?
Thanks,
GeneS
Try with version 0.1.36. If you convert to it to XML, check that <Text> tags have really text (are not empty)...
Old 09-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #30
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Quote:
Try with version 0.1.36. If you convert to it to XML, check that <Text> tags have really text (are not empty)...
Using 0.1.36 results in:

java -Xms100M -Xmx100M -jar lrftools-0.1.36.jar convert "h:\ebook conversion\lrftools" -RTF
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 173
at lrf.parse.PointedBuffer.getShort(PointedBuffer.jav a:62)
at lrf.parse.PointedBuffer.getShort(PointedBuffer.jav a:55)
at lrf.objects.tags.TagStream.<init>(TagStream.java:4 5)
at lrf.objects.BBObj.loadTag(BBObj.java:316)
at lrf.objects.BBObj.<init>(BBObj.java:166)
at lrf.objects.Text.<init>(Text.java:10)
at lrf.objects.Book.loadObjects(Book.java:554)
at lrf.objects.Book.<init>(Book.java:113)
at lrf.parse.RecurseDirs.convertAction(RecurseDirs.ja va:217)
at lrf.parse.RecurseDirs.<init>(RecurseDirs.java:111)
at lrf.parse.RecurseDirs.main(RecurseDirs.java:27)

Thanks for looking at this.
Gene
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote