Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
chemi
chemi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Synchronizing updated books

Hello, I have copied couple of books to my Sony Reader PRS-T2.
Then, I updated some metadata of one of those books within Calibre.
Is there any way to detect differences or discrepancies between books copied into the device and the ones in Calibre Library? Os I should copy all the books again into the device overwriting the existing ones?

Thanks in advance,

Chemi.
chemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Given that you are using a Sony, the easiest thing to do is set "metadata management" to automatic (preferences -> sending books to devices). Once you do this, calibre will automatically update the metadata in the Sony DB every time you connect the device.

Note that setting it to automatic tells calibre to manage all collections on the T1. Any manually-added collections will be deleted. If you don't want this then you will need to keep track of the date you last connected and resend books that have changed since that date. IMO it is easier to set up calibre to create the collections (done in device config -- lots of posts on this) than to fiddle around with dates and resending.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
chemi
chemi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Understood. Thanks!
chemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
synchronizing