Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
Jay Ridgley
Jay Ridgley began at the beginning.

Device: nook 1st Edition
am I in the right place?

Folks, I have a nook 1st edition, run Linux (Ubuntu 10.04-3LTS) and DO NOT have Windows. I am also new to this forum.

I need to know how I register Calibre (like you do with Adobe Digital Editions) so that I
can download books from my Public Library that uses Outlook.

If I am completely out of place asking this question here please let me know where to post my query.

Regards,
Jay
Jay Ridgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Jay and welcome to MobileRead.

Since this is our Intro section, you should tell us a bit about yourself. And post your question in our Nook section where our Nook addicts, er, I mean enthusiasts will quickly help.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hello and welcome to MobileRead.

This is the Introduce Yourself forum, where new members introduce themselves.

Why not take the time and courtesy to introduce yourself, and then visit our many forums. You can ask your questions for assistance there.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards, Jay
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
Jay Ridgley
Jay Ridgley began at the beginning.

Device: nook 1st Edition
Hi Y'all,

I use Linux (7 networked systems in my home). I do NOT use Windows except in my walls to look outside. I have over 45 years of computer background, and am semi-retired.

I use a Nook 1st Edition as my mobile reader. I enjoy it very much.
Jay Ridgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ridgley View Post
Hi Y'all,

I use Linux (7 networked systems in my home). I do NOT use Windows except in my walls to look outside. I have over 45 years of computer background, and am semi-retired.

I use a Nook 1st Edition as my mobile reader. I enjoy it very much.

Now that didn't hurt, did it.

Thank you for the introduction.

Have you gotten help for your question? -- Find the calibre forum and post your question (if you haven't done so already). Give it some time. There are many knowledgeable and helpful experts over there.

Have fun!

Don
(Moderator)

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote