Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
barkndog
Enthusiast
barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle DX (1st gen), iPad, Toshiba Thrive, Acer Iconia A100
Nook Tablet - Music Options

Ok, I've just purchased a Nook Tablet and haven't even taken it out of the box. But I'm trying to prepare myself when setting this up.

I know this will be similar to a NColor, so if you have experience with music on a NC, please chime in.

I have a lot of mp3's and know I'll have to sideload them. Is there a music player built in, or will I have to download/sideload one? I plan on keeping the music on the SD card - how intuitive will it be to play the music?

Any advice on videos? (homemade videos, .MOV or MP4 from my phone). Some research suggests that videos and music in storage will be mixed together, does this affect playback?

Thanks for any information.
barkndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
There is a music player, but honestly, it is rather basic. You are probably better off getting a different one, like Winamp or DoubleTwist (both free).

With the included media player, both pictures and videos are displayed combined. Again, the media player is rather basic.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
barkndog
Enthusiast
barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.barkndog can teach chickens to fly.

Hmm... are those in the Nook's app store? I have this thing charging right now (decided to go ahead and fire it up) and was browsing the bn website. I don't see those - do they have to be sideloaded?
Old 11-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkndog View Post
Hmm... are those in the Nook's app store? I have this thing charging right now (decided to go ahead and fire it up) and was browsing the bn website. I don't see those - do they have to be sideloaded?
No, you'll have to load up an alternate launcher ("home" screen) and get them through something like getjar, Amazon's app store, or other. I've tested both Winamp and the standard Android Music app and they both run well.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #5
barkndog
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.
Advert