Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
ssimon2000
ssimon2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
Motorola Xoom Honeycomb vs Nook App

Hello all,
I have a Motorola Xoom running Honeycomb, and I use the Nook app to read my ebooks with. The app itself runs perfectly, except when I sideload my ebooks, the covers never show up in the library view.

I've done some searching and found an app called "Nook Book Cover Helper" that is supposed to extract the covers and allow the Nook app to display them properly. Of course, this doesn't work for me, and the program is telling me I need "ROOT ACCESS" in order for this to work right. I have no idea what that means, and Googling only takes me to sites with instructions on how to root the new Nook reader into an Android device.

Anyone here able to provide some assistance?

Thanks!
ssimon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimon2000 View Post
Hello all,
I have a Motorola Xoom running Honeycomb, and I use the Nook app to read my ebooks with. The app itself runs perfectly, except when I sideload my ebooks, the covers never show up in the library view.

I've done some searching and found an app called "Nook Book Cover Helper" that is supposed to extract the covers and allow the Nook app to display them properly. Of course, this doesn't work for me, and the program is telling me I need "ROOT ACCESS" in order for this to work right. I have no idea what that means, and Googling only takes me to sites with instructions on how to root the new Nook reader into an Android device.

Anyone here able to provide some assistance?

Thanks!
Be careful what you allow to have root access. The term "root" comes from the UNIX world which is equivalent to having administrative rights on your device. This allows you to do virtually anything on you device(delete files, ingore security settings, read anything on your machine, etc...)

Here is link to rooting the Xoom
http://www.theandroidsource.com/xoom...ndows-mac.html
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert