Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #106
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
WOW! That's a REALLY shopworn topic. We've all wondered why Entourage focused on academia! The whole thing is still sad to this day. In fact, I had more people ask me what my PE was today at a board meeting where I took notes on it.

Of course, at the original price, most people would say (as too many said) "uh, never mind."
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 AM   #107
tree
tree began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Question New PE Owner Desperately Seeking Help!!

I just got a Pocket Edge, and want to upgrade to 2.2. Mine still has the Dingo on it. I tried to follow one of the posts from earlier, but could not get the file to download. I know the Entourage store is closed, but I saw a post from someone dated yesterday saying they were successful in upgrading. Can anyone tell me how to get the proper 2.2 file? (Sorry, not too knowledgeable about computers, hope this makes some sense to someone!).
tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #108
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
just do a search on the stickies. also experimental pocket edge is available here.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #109
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi tree!

Have you had any luck yet? It can be scary if you aren't overly familiar with computers or Android!

Here are the official instructions: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=265, although you've probably seen that already!

Are you having trouble downloading the update file to your computer, or installing the update on your Pocket eDGe?

If the trouble is installing, keep trying. Try a different USB stick, or even a microSD card if you have one. Try renaming the file "update" and letting it add the ".zip" itself.

I hope you get it!

P.S. Unless there's something you want in the Ermine (Android 2.2) update, you don't have to update. You can get to know your PE and try the update later if you want.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #110
chokra
chokra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge 7
tried the same thing, doesnt work for me. used a usb and a microsd card but still no avail...it keeps on rebooting. one clarification, is it update or upgrade?
chokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #111
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokra View Post
tried the same thing, doesnt work for me. used a usb and a microsd card but still no avail...it keeps on rebooting. one clarification, is it update or upgrade?
Update, as update.zip but not update.zip.zip.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #112
chokra

no luck at all. can't figure out why. i do get a lost.dir folder in the usb after my 'failed' try at the update, but nothing on the tablet. should i try a reset and then try for the update?

Last edited by chokra; 07-13-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #113
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokra View Post
no luck at all. can't figure out why. i do get a lost.dir folder in the usb after my 'failed' try at the update, but nothing on the tablet. should i try a reset and then try for the update?
Thoughts:
(1) make sure you have the correct file the PE not EE
(2) different USB,
(3) make sure the file is in the root i.e. not in a folder,
(4) a smaller GB size USB stick

other then that...?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #114
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

have you tried the new market 3 apk from google?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #115
chokra

this is very frustrating. Not able to do the update at all.
usb - fat reformatted
update file - named update.zip no luck, renamed to just update no luck.
PE boots up as normal after i let go of menu and the rotate keys (i have tried up to 25 secs).
i am not able to register anymore, the tube app will not work on any videos, i am totally lost ast to what to do.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #116
chokra

can someone pls explain to me what difference will it make if i update to ermine as compare to root it. thx.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #117
vicinc
Guru

android 2.2 froyo vs 1.6 donut
Old 07-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #118
chokra

thanks vicnic, but i was inquiring on what benefits are to upgrading it to 2.2 vs rooting it.
sorry, i am new to tablets just trying to get a hang on it.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #119
chokra

Finally Finally!!
the file i had downloaded was not complete! it was 143mb or so. I redownloaded the file from dustyfeet (thanks to the guy who posted them their) and now its in the update process.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #120
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Chokra, rooting it is not the same as updating and it does not facilitate the update at all.

What operating system are you using on your computer to rename the update.zip-pe-ermine-0.9 file. If it is windows and you are sure you are not ending up with update.zip.zip instead of update.zip on your USB stick, then you could have a bad download. Try downloading again. You can also go into folder options --> view and unmark 'hide extensions for known file types', this will show the extensions of the files in either 'my computer' or 'windows explorer' so you will know that you have only one .zip and not two on the USB stick.

Also make sure you use a standard USB stick, not one with U3 or anything else on it.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote