Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #16
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
I'm pleased to announce that my short story "Movement" (Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, March 2011) has been nominated for a Nebula Award. I'll be attending the Awards Banquet in Arlington this May and, to be honest, I'm feeling quite jittery about it. I hear I'm supposed to compose an acceptance speech in case I win, which just strikes me as an excercise in masochism. :P
Great story, I really liked it. Glad it got nominated as I might have missed it otherwise.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
dang it ... after reading Paper Menagerie..I read all the other short stories on Saturday..it had to be either yours or it...

Sorry you didn't take home the trophy.

Last edited by kennyc; 05-21-2012 at 06:16 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #18
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
dang it ... after reading Paper Menagerie..I read all the other short stories on Saturday..it had to be either yours or it...

Sorry you didn't take home the trophy.
It's no problem, Kenny. I loved being a nominee, I had a fantastic weekend, and let's face it: Ken's story is pretty dang awesome. I have no regrets.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:24 AM   #19
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
And being nominated has major advantages.

Being nominated for an award like that puts you in a very select group of authors. Trumpet it all over the place! I would.

It reminds me that my sister wrote a children's book that won a national award in Australia voted for by children. Her publisher didn't even tell her that she had won.

Crappy publisher.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:30 AM   #20
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
And being nominated has major advantages.

Being nominated for an award like that puts you in a very select group of authors. Trumpet it all over the place! I would.

It reminds me that my sister wrote a children's book that won a national award in Australia voted for by children. Her publisher didn't even tell her that she had won.

Crappy publisher.
No kidding....
Old 07-04-2012, 01:12 AM   #21
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BAY AREA VISIT
I will be at the Lemon Grass Thai Restaurant in Livermore, CA from 1:00-3:00 PM on July 7, where I will swap writing stories with other authors and generally be available for a chat. I anticipate a lively discussion about editors, publishing, likely effects of current technological trends, and which books released this year are likely to change the fate of human society.

Readers in the area are welcome to join us. Our group will be fairly easy to spot, and if you introduce yourself as a MobileRead member we'll make room for you at the table.

HALLOWEEN COLLECTION
Hexes and Haunts: A Halloween 5-pack has entered audiobook production and should be available at audible.com well before All Hallow's Eve. This little collection includes an eclectic mix of stories from my early years of writing, including my Apex Digest Halloween Contest winner and the extremely well-received Hexes and Tooth Decay.

OTHER NEWS
Movement has won the Asimov's Readers' Choice Award for 2011.
Dead Men Don't Cry is the July book selection at SF Netcast.
A Song of Blackness has been accepted for publication at Beneath Ceaseless Skies.
I have been interviewed at SF Signal and Decompose.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #22
kennyc

Excellent news Nancy! Enjoy SF!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Too bad it wasn't Lemon Grass in Lexington, MA. Then I could have gone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #24
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Too bad it wasn't Lemon Grass in Lexington, MA. Then I could have gone.
Perhaps I'll make it there someday. It would be fun to hang out.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
That would be nice. I look forward to it if it ever comes to pass.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #26
charlesatan
Addict
charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Drop by the Philippines one day too! :P
charlesatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:56 AM   #27
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesatan View Post
Drop by the Philippines one day too! :P
Oh, now that is VERY tempting. I shall contrive to come up with an excuse.

In other exciting news, I am declaring the first draft of my current WIP to be done. Not that there aren't gaping holes in the plot that must still be remedied, and huge chunks of missing information about otherworldly fauna able to survive on a planet with boiling lakes and nighttime temperatures approaching absolute zero... but still. Done. A coherent sequence of events leading from start to finish. This is cause for happy dances.

Taking a few weeks off of writing, and will then dive into revisions.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #28
kennyc

Excellent! And sounds very interesting.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #29
kennyc

Hey Nancy! Nice Guest Blog post on SFWA!

http://www.sfwa.org/2012/08/guest-po...ing-to-say-no/
Old 09-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #30
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hey Nancy! Nice Guest Blog post on SFWA!

http://www.sfwa.org/2012/08/guest-po...ing-to-say-no/
Thanks Kenny! I'm glad you liked it.

I'm back from the Hugo Awards. No rocket ship for me, but the weekend was so delightful that I almost didn't notice. I chatted with Connie Willis and George R. R. Martin, stood in the same room with Neil Gaiman, autographed at Howard Tayler's Schlock Mercenary booth, and beat Myke Cole in a game of Munchkin. Life is good.