Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
schuster
Zealot
schuster doesn't litterschuster doesn't litter

Device: prs-650 / prs-350 /kindle 3
line-counter needed

i hope this is the right place for my question !

is it possible to integrate a line counter especially to the custom recipe input field.

it is tough to count the lines manually in cause of a failur-message that give me a line-count in the description.

as a beginner it double the difficult to write recipes if you count wrong and than change the recipe.

greetings

schuster
schuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Thread moved. Read the sticky.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I suggest copy pasting the recipe into a proper editor that has many more features than the builtin edit control in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
schuster
Zealot
schuster doesn't litterschuster doesn't litter

Device: prs-650 / prs-350 /kindle 3
thanx Manichean for moving the thread in the right forum

@kovid,
yes you are right.
i have installed python 2.6.5 (is bug-fix version of 2.6 i believe)is this the right version for this?
and pyscripter for me as a beginner is good enough (not tooooo powerful)?
schuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Just use a text editor. I'd recommend Notepad++ if you're on Windows. You'll have to test the recipes in Calibre anyway, so there's no need to use an IDE, and Notepad++ does Python syntax highlighting, which is nice to have.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert