Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
JUST got my 700!

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell everyone I got my Sony 700 (replaces smashed Astak EZ reader)...LOVE IT!

Last edited by Xiaopanda; 03-11-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Seemed a bit...rude....sorry
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Whoo, Hoo, congratulations on your new "FRED"!

Last edited by dreams; 03-11-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: size
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
glad you are happy with it
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Didn't know that this one is still around. Glad you like it, hope it stays like that. I loved my 505 (still do) and my 600.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
How do you like the 700 compared to the Astak EZ? Things that are better and things that are worse?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
It's always good to hear from someone who is happy with their ebook reading device!
I'm especially biased because I've had my Sony PRS-700 for over a year now!
ENJOY!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
The PRS-700 still lives!

We're just waiting and hoping that Sony releases a firmware upgrade that may or may not include; dictionary lookup, stylus note taking and any update to the ePub renderer.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Better luck this time, Xiaopanda. Best. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #9
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
How do you like the 700 compared to the Astak EZ? Things that are better and things that are worse?
Great question! Compared to the EZ reader, things I like (so far):
1) Included light !
2) Form - Smaller and easier to hold and much more solid feel
3) Feels lighter (might be my imagination)
4) Touch screen - Esp gesture page turns!
5) Speed of screen refresh (seems a little faster to me)
6) More intuative interface with touch screen

Things I don't like:

1) No user changable fonts
2) Limited formats
3) Has to be said - contrast isn't quite as good (but still passable)
4) Cover is a little flimsy
5) Propritory AC adaptor needed to read AND charge (USB locks out reading)
6) No clock without hacking

Admittedly its only been a few hours since I got it, so we will see, I guess....

Thanks to the MR community who provided me with the opportunity to purchase the 700 second hand - and gave me the advice to make a very sound decision!

And of course, Thank you to all of you who have welcomed me into the 'new' world of Sony PRS'!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #10
Xiaopanda
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Better luck this time, Xiaopanda. Best. Neil
Thanks Neil!

note to self (and a warning to others)...DO NOT drop your reader on cobblestones AFTER a huge night out......Didn't break untill the next morning, but the damage was done!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #11
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Xiaopanda, Wecome abd congratulations, You and Fred take care .....AVOID those Cobblestones !

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #12
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
The PRS-700 still lives!

We're just waiting and hoping that Sony releases a firmware upgrade that may or may not include; dictionary lookup, stylus note taking and any update to the ePub renderer.
I wasn't going to say that, but I was thinking it! And still patiently waiting...
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #13
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I have the 600 but I wait for more "russifications" and hacks rather than fw updates from Sony. They didn't get around with one for the 505 (ok, they did once, but it didn't bring new features), but the PRS+ fw from Kartu is awesome.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #14
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
My 700 rarely leaves my hands. I love it so much I wish there was a state law that would allow me to marry it.

Donn

P.S. am thinking of cheating on my 700, if the flirtatious iPad rendezvous works out.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:11 AM   #15
tofubean
Connoisseur
tofubean is on a distinguished road

Device: K3, iPad, PW
Grats on the new reader! I got my 600 a week ago and i'm still exploring things i can do with it.
tofubean is offline   Reply With Quote