Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
A forum for discussing books I'm reading?

I know mobile read has forums for news, specific devices. ebooks and stuff.

But is there a forum where I can discuss actual books I'm reading?
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
The Reading Recommendations Forum?
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I think Reading Recommendations is the forum you want.

I'm too slow!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah I posted there sometimes, but it seems you have to be careful what you say.
If it gets construed as an advertisement or something for a book it's frowned upon.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
yeah I posted there sometimes, but it seems you have to be careful what you say.
If it gets construed as an advertisement or something for a book it's frowned upon.
That will be true on any forum here. If your posts are being though of as advertisments, maybe you'd better take a look at why that is so.

If you just want to post a review saying how great you think something is, without any comments back, there are plenty of outlets for that elsewhere.

But for actual discussion of a book, there are lots of threads doing that here without problem. Many are in the RR section, and some are in others, like general discussions, as well.

Rarely will this crowd shirk from discussing any book mentioned.
Especially if some one casually mentions that they loved/hated something.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 05-21-2013 at 11:20 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post

Yes, as members here have noted, you want the Reading Recommendations forum.

You shouldn't be worried about a book you want to discuss as being misconstrued as an advertisement.

After all, you will NOT be discussing books you wrote or had some kind of involvement in, or because you are pals with the author, the illustrator, or the publisher.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-21-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I've never had a bit of trouble discussing books I've read (or want to read) in the Reading Recommendations Forum. Provided the book is not written by 1) you; 2) a personal friend (or family member) of yours; 3) someone with whom you have arranged to do a bit of marketing for; I can't see how there'd be any trouble whatsoever.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
A subforum for discussing specific books might be nice. I'd frequent that for sure. I like using the discussions on Goodreads for talking about specific titles, but the interface is such a mess that it is frustrating to use.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's no reason (that I know of) that someone couldn't create threads for specific books in the RR forum.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
There's no reason (that I know of) that someone couldn't create threads for specific books in the RR forum.
Certainly not, but I like things neatly categorized, as I tend to miss stuff. It's all about me.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Certainly not, but I like things neatly categorized, as I tend to miss stuff. It's all about me.
Gotcha.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
danskmacabre
Guru

I only mention is as I raised a thread in that forum ages ago asking for books of a specific genre. (Urban fantasy I believe) and someone pointed out that I should be careful what I say due to posting regs.

It wasn't an actual mod that said that tho, but still it put me off a bit.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #13
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I've never had or seen problems at RR, and I've started a couple of threads over there. Didn't get a lot of action, because I think nobody reads the same books I do, but I did get some comments back.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #14
danskmacabre
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I've never had or seen problems at RR, and I've started a couple of threads over there. Didn't get a lot of action, because I think nobody reads the same books I do, but I did get some comments back.
Fair enough, I guess it was just "One of those things"
Old 05-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Didn't get a lot of action, because I think nobody reads the same books I do, but I did get some comments back.
I don't read fantasy or sci-fi, which seems to be the focus there.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote