Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
dannyb2
dannyb2 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Comment injection plugin

Hi all,

I'm looking to write a plugin that injects predefined comments into the HTML code of an epub book, upon selection of a paragraph in the Calibre viewer (UI plugin).

I'm pretty much a newbie to calibre plugin API.
Is there a class or something that I can use to connect to the viewer's paragraph selection functionality?
Can I add a toolbar to the viewer by writing a plugin?

Thanks,
Danny
dannyb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no plugin api for the viewer, apart from a very basic one that allows you to create a plugin that can run code on viewer start and document open.

What you wan to do sounds like you want to edit a book, you should use Tweak Book to explode the book into its constituent html and then use whatever html editing tool you like.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert