Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
flyinggeek
Clueless
flyinggeek is on a distinguished road

Device: SONY PRS 500
Parting with my PRS 500 (any takers in Germany?)

Hi,

I am just about to depart on my annual trip back to the states and I am planning to buy a 505 while there. I would thus be willing to sell my 500 to the highest bidder. As I live in Germany most of the year, I'd be happy to part with it there. It would be available January 2. Let me know if anyone is interested. Highest bidder wins.

Christian
Old 12-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #2
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
I would like to bid $1.00 US currancy in case no one else bids.
Advert
Old 12-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Be serious. That is not funny. And please, nobody else make such a bid.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Where's your sense of humor? I thought it was funnyl
Old 12-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
There is a whole flea market forum section dedicated to buying and selling. This thread should probably be moved or locked.

And JSWolf, I disagree. You say "highest bidder wins" that is your risk. Why do you think eBay offers reserve prices? Don't say highest bidder or obo unless you really mean it...
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 12:41 AM   #6
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Wolf, don't take life so serious or you'll miss out on all the fun!!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:18 AM   #7
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast
woldinghamuk doesn't litterwoldinghamuk doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150 + sony reader 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketime View Post
I would like to bid $1.00 US currancy in case no one else bids.
well, yeah, it was fun.. that´s why he used the "" smilie .... but.. it coud also be taked dead seriously .. so beware
Old 12-18-2007, 05:31 AM   #8
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I would caution FlyingGeek about making such an offer before actually holding the 505 in his hands -- I was in border's the other day and held the 505 in my hands and am so glad I bought the 500 and hope to goodness that it doesn't die before a better replacement arrives.

I don't like the feel of the 505 at all. I really like the improvements it offers (except the movement of the two page turn buttons to the right side), but it feels like a toy which will break in no time, whereas the 500 feels much more substantial and rugged to me.

I wish I could hold a Kindle to see if my impressions of how that will feel hold true -- I had thought from the first I read of the 505 that it would feel less substantial than the 500 and that turned out to be true.

So I'd offer the suggestion that Christian wait until he'd actually seen and tried the 505 before offering the 500 for sale -- he may decide to keep both and use the 500 for travel where ruggedness may be more important.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
flyinggeek
Clueless
flyinggeek is on a distinguished road

Device: SONY PRS 500
Just to settle this. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum :-) It will not happen again, I did not see the Flea Market one. Also, to ease your mind, the re-sale value of the PRS500 is slightly higher than 1 EUR (Rocketime, if you find them for 1 EUR somewhere, please get me 20). And the last comment: About 30 505 in stock at the Borders in Manassas, VA.

Happy Holidays everyone.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:14 AM   #10
naht
naht began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Casio Pocketviewer
Hi!
I just sent you a PM about your reader...
Closed Thread