Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #76
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehhh View Post
Hi,
These errors means that application could not find gstreamers plugins.
the command must be called export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=./plugins
That command IS in the script file in your package. I get those errors WITH that export. As knc1 pointed out, those messages from ldd do not accurately reflect the real situation at run time.

So, there is a different problem. My K5(touch) has the original factory 5.0.0 image. It was NOT registered. It was upgraded to 5.1.0 with the update downloaded from amazon and copied to the USB drive. The only hack installed were the jailbreak, simple usbnet, and launcher menu. It is still not registed with amazon.

I tried your program from diags (an diags image from a new German version of 5.1.0 as I recall). It does not work there either.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #77
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Arrow must remove DOS CR chars from script files!

Both the new KTPlayer.tar.gz and the old einkplayer.tar.gz work fine on my K5 after I strip all of the carriage return (CR, 0x0D) characters out of the run_player.sh file.

Using a windows editor like notepad can break script files. You should use a programmer's editor and save the files in "Unix" mode (LF-only).

Please re-upload your package with "unix" line endings in the script file.

Thanks.

P.S. Although the video plays better (more fluid) at higher FPS, the sound breaks up if you go faster than 5 FPS (probably why you use that in your script file). But the dithering is certainly much better than your original security cam video with all the screen flashes on changed areas of the video. It is working great. Now we just need to figure out how to eliminate the speed bottleneck when using libav (including my static-linked ffmpeg) when decoding video on the kindles. The reason my videos play so fast is the they are PRE-encoded and pre-dithered, so they only need unpacking into the framebuffer. And then there is the sound issue (mine is only for silent films ).

UPDATE: CRs inserted AFTER downloading, by extracting with 7-zip.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-11-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #78
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I ran it without any errors at all.
Yes, having the source code would be very nice.
You must have run a version Ehhh uploaded before he added all the carriage-returns to the script file.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #79
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I also have 5.1.0 !!! I don't know why you got those errors! I just ran it now and works like a charm, i.e. I can play avi with audio. I haven't changed much *.so libraries on my device.

Thanks Ehhh.
Try downloading a recent tarball. It should NOT run on any kindle because it has carriage-returns in the script file. It works only after stripping out the CR chars.

UPDATE: CRs inserted AFTER downloading, by extracting with 7-zip.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-11-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #80
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi, geekmaster

you can check and compile eink transform plugin with yours algorithms.

best regards, ehhh
Attached Files
File Type: gz EinkTransformPlugin.tar.gz (4.0 KB, 129 views)
Ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #81
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

The new versions of scripts are uploaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Try downloading a recent tarball. It should NOT run on any kindle because it has carriage-returns in the script file. It works only after stripping out the CR chars.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #82
geekmaster

Quote:
The new versions of scripts are uploaded.
The new versions have carriage-returns. Try again...

EDIT: It irritates me greatly that linux never "fixed" this problem. It should not be so hostile against people who use Windows to edit their script files. It should have been updated DECADES ago to ignore those pesky carriage-returns in script files, IMHO. Why be so unfriendly to new people coming from Windows-land?

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #83
Ehhh
Connoisseur

By the way, the demo uses ffmpeg plugins..

Quote:

P.S. Although the video plays better (more fluid) at higher FPS, the sound breaks up if you go faster than 5 FPS (probably why you use that in your script file). But the dithering is certainly much better than your original security cam video with all the screen flashes on changed areas of the video. It is working great. Now we just need to figure out how to eliminate the speed bottleneck when using libav (including my static-linked ffmpeg) when decoding video on the kindles. The reason my videos play so fast is the they are PRE-encoded and pre-dithered, so they only need unpacking into the framebuffer. And then there is the sound issue (mine is only for silent films ).

Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #84
Ehhh
Connoisseur

+ when to push the power button , the application will be killed. i developed this in case when the demo hangs up because it is not tested well.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #85
geekmaster

Quote:
+ when to push the power button , the application will be killed. i developed this in case when the demo hangs up because it is not tested well.
I saw that in the plugin folder. The K3 especially is overburdened when running both the ffmpeg stuff and displaying the video at the same time. I have the full ffmpeg with all options (static build) running in all my kindles, and when converting a 1080P video to kindle format while displaying it on the eink screen, it drops to about 2-3 FPS on the poor little K3. Amazingly, it works great on the K5 (using nearest neighbor resizing).

It is less of a burden for the kindles to play videos that are already small enough to fit the screen, and there are a LOT of old DVD-sized videos out there that would fit fine without resizing.

P.S. Did you upload a new (LF-only) script file yet?

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-11-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #86
Ehhh
Connoisseur

I re-uploaded without windows symbols.

Quote:
P.S. Did you upload a new (LF-only) script file yet?
[/COLOR]
Old 05-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #87
Ehhh
Connoisseur

These examples of videos have 25 frames per second. If to prepare videos for fo KT with less frame rates, sizes. Decoder and Demuxer will work with less CPU.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #88
geekmaster

Quote:
I re-uploaded without windows symbols.
You should link the one without "windows symbols" to your first post. The one that is there now still has CR characters in it.

When I upload things, I always download them immediately and extract them and test them. You should do that too. You would waste less of my time that way...
Old 05-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #89
geekmaster

I can run your (CR-broken) script like this:

Code:
tr '\r' ' '<run_player.sh|sh

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-11-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #90
geekmaster

I just downloaded the file from the first post again. Viewing the script in a hex editor shows that it still contains 0x0D characters. There are more downloads in the count now, so beware that you need to strip CR chars from it or run it using the command line shown in my previous post.