Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #421
TaraMcTiernan
Enthusiast
TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TaraMcTiernan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
That's it-

Okay, I HAVE to read this series! It sounds fantastic!
TaraMcTiernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #422
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool New Cover for Molly Fyde and the Fight for Peace

Cover painted by Jasper Schreurs.

[Image deleted - MODERATOR]

Molly Fyde and the Fight for Peace (The Bern Saga #4) by Hugh Howey.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51o5s4.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	105826

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-04-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: oops...
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #423
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ooooooh nice!
They are being re-edited and re-issued aren't they? I'm thinking maybe I should hold out for that before starting the series.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #424
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool re-edited and re-issued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Ooooooh nice!
They are being re-edited and re-issued aren't they? I'm thinking maybe I should hold out for that before starting the series.
There seems to be a lot of that kind of stuff going on with Hugh's books, but I really don't know any specifics. For instance I really like the below cover and it's been around for a while, but I've never seen it actually used.

[Image deleted - MODERAT0R]
Cover painted by Jasper Schreurs.
Click image for larger version

Name:	wool.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	105851

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-04-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: oops...
Old 05-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #425
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
There seems to be a lot of that kind of stuff going on with Hugh's books, but I really don't know any specifics. For instance I really like the below cover and it's been around for a while, but I've never seen it actually used.

Attachment 105851

Several people contributed fan-made covers for some of his books when they were first getting popular (early 2012 or so) and he posted them on his website. I don't think most of them were ever used, although he may have talked to some of the artists for later covers, I am not sure.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #426
hughhowey
Enthusiast
hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Several people contributed fan-made covers for some of his books when they were first getting popular (early 2012 or so) and he posted them on his website. I don't think most of them were ever used, although he may have talked to some of the artists for later covers, I am not sure.
That's it exactly. Jasper sent me that WOOL cover as a gift. He also sent one for my first Molly book. I commissioned him for three more Molly covers, which he's just wrapping up. And when I moved from LSI to CreateSpace for my printing, I decided to update the covers with Jasper's art. My covers sucked in comparison.

-Hugh
hughhowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #427
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jasper Schreurs cover for Blood of Billions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhowey View Post
That's it exactly. Jasper sent me that WOOL cover as a gift. He also sent one for my first Molly book. I commissioned him for three more Molly covers, which he's just wrapping up. And when I moved from LSI to CreateSpace for my printing, I decided to update the covers with Jasper's art. My covers sucked in comparison.

-Hugh
Hugh...I've seen the Jasper Schreurs covers for:

Wool Omnibus
Parsona Rescue
Land of Light
Fight for Peace

...but I haven't seen a Jasper Schreurs cover for Blood of Billions! Is there really one and if there is would you share it with us here?

Old 05-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #428
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool the answer

Quote:

Wool Omnibus
Parsona Rescue
Land of Light
Fight for Peace

...but I haven't seen a Jasper Schreurs cover for Blood of Billions! Is there really one and if there is would you share it with us here?

This video reveals most of the answer.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #429
hughhowey
Enthusiast
hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Wool Omnibus
Parsona Rescue
Land of Light
Fight for Peace

I'm expecting the Blood of Billions artwork in the next week or so. Fingers crossed!
hughhowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #430
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So the upshot is - no re-editing, no reason to hold off reading?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #431
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhowey View Post
I'm expecting the Blood of Billions artwork in the next week or so. Fingers crossed!
I'll be looking forward to it. I really love his cover art!

Old 05-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #432
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Blood of Billions

Quoted from hughhowey.com
Quote:
The Blood of Billions
Posted on May 29, 2013 by Hugh C. Howey

Jasper Schruers has completed his 4-part masterpiece of Molly Fyde covers. Here’s the audiobook cover for The Blood of Billions. The book will have the same cover, but rectangular. I should have all four to show together in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait!

Old 05-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #433
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
It's been a while since I read Molly Fyde (great series!). I assume that is Kat and Walter on the cover? I am pretty sure I remember that scene.

Like all those new covers!
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #434
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I saw this on Amazon, August Release.

Wool 'Dust'

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rd_i=154606011
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:05 AM   #435
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
I saw this on Amazon, August Release.

Wool 'Dust'

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rd_i=154606011
Oooerrr!

Can't believe it doesn't have any 5 star reviews yet.