Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 04:22 AM   #1
The Big Kahuna
You keep using that word.
The Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Swapping title/author

Not entirely sure if this is the correct place to ask this question. I imagine someone will tell me if it isn't

One of the most common actions I have to perform is swapping the title/author after importing books into the library. The only way I can find to do this is "edit metadata in bulk>tick the box>click ok"

I'm wondering if there's a way to create a custom toolbar button or create a shortcut to do this.

Any ideas ?
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a button to do this in the edit metadata dialog, it's green and to the left of the title.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
The Big Kahuna
The Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enough

That only applies to the edit metadata dialog when editing a single book. If I need to swap the title/author for a large number of books the procedure is as I mentioned in my OP, which is a bit time consuming.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Whats wrong with the checkbox that says "swap title and author" on the bulk metadata edit dialog?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
The Big Kahuna

Because that takes about 3 or 4 clicks rather then ONE if there was a button on the main toolbar. Try reading the OP.
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You select the rows, you press E, tick a checkbox and click ok. One keypress and two clicks, or two keys and one click.

EDIT: Ok, I read your original post properly this time. If you get your regular expression right when you import books into your library, you will avoid having to frequently swap the author/title in the first place. Which is why there is no toolbar button for it - it just doesn't justify the space for the frequency most users need to use it.

However if you were absolutely dead set on having such a button, then write a UI plugin for it. It wouldn't be difficult.

Last edited by kiwidude; 06-08-2011 at 02:03 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #7
Caffey
Caffey began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
That would be great if you did! I too have to do each one individually and it really helps having the author first then title. Thanks. It was a question I posted somewhere and was looking for my answer too!
Caffey is offline   Reply With Quote