Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #1261
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It's the same list that Fire owners got a couple of weeks ago. A couple of winners in the list (but I already had most of those).
It's the second offer they've done like that. Fire's get it first, then regular Kindle's get it later. Not sure if the trend will hold.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #1262
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Not alot to choose from. I think I'll pass.
Me too. I already have a couple from when they were freebies, at least two authors from smashwords.
Quote:
It's the same list that Fire owners got a couple of weeks ago. A couple of winners in the list (but I already had most of those).
Which ones did you think were good?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #1263
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
This one looked pretty decent http://www.amazon.com/She-Can-Run-ebook/dp/B0053TIB6I/

Also, http://www.amazon.com/The-Hangmans-D.../dp/B003P9XMFI (which I had actually pre-ordered, but haven't read yet.

Blake Crouch is a good bet for any horror readers and I bought Pines when it was a Fire deal. Stephen Leather is very popular in England (as an author to read; perhaps not so much on the boards, where so many authors can come across as pushy and spammy).

I already had both Wallace's book and Kroese' (but haven't read either)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #1264
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks.

I have some of authors and Kroese' (well, I did start his first book and didn't finish it).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #1265
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Fire only: save $30 on $100 purchase of Amazon Denim

You must sign up by October 16. This credit expires October 23. Limit one per customer and one per device.
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #1266
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Another Kindle Fire only: 30% off select Kindle Accessories (up to $100 purchase, max $30 credit) thru Oct 15.
I chatted with Amazon kindle twice telling them the 30% offer was never emailed to me. They told me to order then get the discount?

Don't really like doing that. Anyone else get that on the Fire HD and got it to work?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #1267
koland
Grand Sorcerer

The Fire offers don't get emailed, just applied to your account. Your only record of it is the DOC that comes to the Fire itself (and it's over on AmazonLocal). You should see the discount for this one during checkout (unlike the digital ones, where you just have to trust that it will work).

Same offer now on eInk Kindles, deadline to sign up is Oct 21 (these get emails). Complete your purchase no later than 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time), October 28, 2012.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #1268
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Fire offers don't get emailed, just applied to your account. Your only record of it is the DOC that comes to the Fire itself (and it's over on AmazonLocal). You should see the discount for this one during checkout (unlike the digital ones, where you just have to trust that it will work).

Same offer now on eInk Kindles, deadline to sign up is Oct 21 (these get emails). Complete your purchase no later than 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time), October 28, 2012.
I finally ordered the KFHD cover and the 30% didn't show up! So I emailed Amazon and they are suppose to give me the credit after the item is shipped. I did find the document on my Kindle saying I got the 30% and the Amazonlocal thing too, still it didn't work.

They really do have a glitch. I will have to make sure they give me my credit, after all the cover is $45.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #1269
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Are you referring to the Denim offer or the Accessories? Thanks.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #1270
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
Are you referring to the Denim offer or the Accessories? Thanks.
Denim - here's the link.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #1271
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks; that's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. Was hoping for the accessories, but, oh well, maybe next time.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #1272
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
Thanks; that's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. Was hoping for the accessories, but, oh well, maybe next time.
You're welcome. I agree with you on the accessories. Would've been infinitely better than the denim. So far, Amazon has duplicated three of the Fire offers for eink Kindles. Maybe they'll duplicate the accessories offer.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #1273
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I finally ordered the KFHD cover and the 30% didn't show up! So I emailed Amazon and they are suppose to give me the credit after the item is shipped. I did find the document on my Kindle saying I got the 30% and the Amazonlocal thing too, still it didn't work.

They really do have a glitch. I will have to make sure they give me my credit, after all the cover is $45.
I had a lot of problems with the $10 album for $3 offer - ended up getting it free (and $1.56 off another album, due to their error in how it worked), but took three calls (Amazon, AmazonLocal, Amazon via AL) and nearly an hour on the phone for them to figure it out.

The accessories one worked for me (and I had forgotten about it, really), though, on a couple of accessories that had even been pre-ordered and shipped after the offer hit (from what I can remember).

I suspect part of the issue is that all Fire offers go thru AmazonLocal, but you don't get a code to enter on your own; it's automatically applied to your account (even if you don't want to use it yet). And some of them aren't set up properly, compounding the issue. If the DOC sent to your Fire goes astray, you also end up with nothing at all to look at (the code is on that doc and having it helped with I had problems with the above offer).
Old 10-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #1274
new

Quote:
I had a lot of problems with the $10 album for $3 offer - ended up getting it free (and $1.56 off another album, due to their error in how it worked), but took three calls (Amazon, AmazonLocal, Amazon via AL) and nearly an hour on the phone for them to figure it out.

The accessories one worked for me (and I had forgotten about it, really), though, on a couple of accessories that had even been pre-ordered and shipped after the offer hit (from what I can remember).

I suspect part of the issue is that all Fire offers go thru AmazonLocal, but you don't get a code to enter on your own; it's automatically applied to your account (even if you don't want to use it yet). And some of them aren't set up properly, compounding the issue. If the DOC sent to your Fire goes astray, you also end up with nothing at all to look at (the code is on that doc and having it helped with I had problems with the above offer).
I don't know why they made it such a weird method and not just send a email like before. When I saw the AmazonLocal it showed the promo for the Kindle accessory and 0 amount. So it never would have worked. They did give me my $13.50 credit yesterday.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #1275
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Supposed to be KSO offer, but works for everyone:

The Next Always by Nora Roberts is free on Audible.