Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Installing Downloaded APKs+ Fictionwise

Greetings,

Gladly experimenting with my nook color and i have two questions. First, how do I install downloaded non-market apps such as eReader? I have tried both astro and kinda and I get an error when I attempt to install non market apps. Second, does anyone else have problems downloading from fictionwise? I get the status" awaiting for data connection" but the download never starts. I've tried both the standard bowser and dolphin hd. Thanks.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Greetings,

Gladly experimenting with my nook color and i have two questions. First, how do I install downloaded non-market apps such as eReader? I have tried both astro and kinda and I get an error when I attempt to install non market apps. Second, does anyone else have problems downloading from fictionwise? I get the status" awaiting for data connection" but the download never starts. I've tried both the standard bowser and dolphin hd. Thanks.
You need to go into the app NookColor Tools and make sure Allow Non-Market Apps is checked. I haven't tried to access Fictionwise.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Quote:
... does anyone else have problems downloading from fictionwise?
Wouldn't it be ironic if this web service didn't even exist?
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:26 PM   #4
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
(sorry, I'm not helping much.)
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:27 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
You need to go into the app NookColor Tools and make sure Allow Non-Market Apps is checked. I haven't tried to access Fictionwise.
It's checked. When I attempt to copy the apk to system/app/ I am told that the directory is read only. No dice.
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's checked. When I attempt to copy the apk to system/app/ I am told that the directory is read only. No dice.
You would have to use ADB and mount it as Read/Write and move the file that way. Or download Root Explorer from the Market. With Root Explorer you can change directory to Read/Write instead of Read Only. You'll be able to copy and paste within Root Explorer.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

Even after moving the file with root explorer, it still won't let me install. Thank you for your help, though.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

I was able to install it. It didn't need to be moved to system/app though. I downloaded it in the browser and then accessed it within the downloads folder using Astro. I clicked on the .apk and it installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-31-2.png
Views:	314
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	63906  
Old 01-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #9
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

If it helps, the message I get is" installation of downloaded apks not supported"
Old 01-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
If it helps, the message I get is" installation of downloaded apks not supported"
That's what I mentioned in the above post:
Quote:
You need to go into the app NookColor Tools and make sure Allow Non-Market Apps is checked.
You said it was checked. OK

Uncheck it, then check it, then reboot.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
JoeSchmoo
JoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color
I had this problem. Finally figured out that in NookColor Tools you have to UNCHECK, then CHECK the "allow non-market apps" checkbox.
JoeSchmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
JoeSchmoo
JoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color
Woah! Looks like SCION beat me to it by 3 minutes! Yes, uncheck, then check. Don't remember if I had to reboot.
JoeSchmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

Thank you! That did it.