Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #1
Derek R
Zealot
Derek R began at the beginning.

Device: none
h1 heading tags can't be styled via stylsheet

I've just installed Sigil 0.7.4 and I'm in the process of creating my first epub in that version, but for some reason I am unable to style the h1 tags via the stylesheet. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. The h2 tags can be styled using the stylesheet, but the h1 headings can only be styled if the attributes are applied directly to the tags.

This is what is in the stylesheet:

Code:
h1 {
    text-align: center;
    font-size: 200%;
    }
Has anyone got any ideas as to why this is the case? Am I overlooking something fundamental and really obvious?
Derek R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Works fine on my Windows machine. What's your OS?
Did you by any chance also apply <span> tags to the text inside of the <h1> tags?
If so, the <span> definition will override any h1 styles.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Is the stylesheet linked to the section in question?

That was how it did not work until I remembered to do that.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
Derek R
Zealot

Windows XP - but I've also added a new page since and I notice that the css in the stylesheet has no effect on the unordered list I have in it - even though it works on previously created pages. This seems to be something to do with changes made to the files in Sigil not taking effect. Perhaps what I need is some sort of 'refresh' option.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Derek R
Zealot

Do you know what, mrmikel, you've just presented me with one of those 'doh!' moments

It has been so long since I last created an epub that I'd entirely overlooked the stylesheet link! I am getting old and forgetful.

I will change that now and report back.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
Derek R
Zealot

Nope! Still having the same issue with the h1 tags. Only those that have the attributes within the tags will display properly - the stylesheet doesn't appear to be having an impact on them. Strange! Unless I making some other fundamental blunder.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
Derek R
Zealot

Mystery solved. For some reason I had my css wrapped in <-- and --> - once they were removed from the stylesheet the h1 tags centred and all was well.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I spent a hour lately trying to figure out why I couldn't style my superscript as a class, when I looked finally at the period in front of it. I didn't need to add class in the HTML, the superscript itself was already being styled!

Glad you figured it out!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Derek R
Zealot

Thanks! These things seem to happen to me more and more frequently the older I get - 'senior moments', as it were. And the speed at which I can forget stuff is rather alarming!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek R View Post
Thanks! These things seem to happen to me more and more frequently the older I get - 'senior moments', as it were. And the speed at which I can forget stuff is rather alarming!
yeah, tell me about it... It seems as we mature, our minds tend to work in higher, more complex dimensions, rather than the more mundane. Umm, yeah, that's it. Yep.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #11
mrmikel
Color me gone

Yup, I was contemplating the physics of hyperspace. Now if I could only find my pants! ROTFL See the movie, "The More the Merrier."
Old 11-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek R View Post
Heck!
I am having trouble remembering what I have forgotten

Anyone seen where I left my coffee cup?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #13
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Some would do anything to forget ...
But do not worry: internet will never forget you
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote