Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #286
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Mine shipped this morning--due for arrival on Oct. 11. Which probably means it'll be here Monday when I won't be home, but eh. It's coming--and the lovely ink blue cover is with it!! *happy Snoopy dance*
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #287
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
Mine shipped this morning--due for arrival on Oct. 11. Which probably means it'll be here Monday when I won't be home, but eh. It's coming--and the lovely ink blue cover is with it!! *happy Snoopy dance*
I'm so glad to hear that Amazon has finally released its grip on your PW
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #288
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I got an email yesterday that they finally shipped it. It will be here on Saturday, so I'll be watching the door like a hawk and not leave the house. Sunday will be very rainy, so I have big plans!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #289
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
And who said that adults can not act and feel like kids in a toy store, or waiting for "Santa" to come down the proverbial chimney at their house?

DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #290
alism
Connoisseur
alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD, Kindle 3, KPW,
I ordered mine the day it was announced. Wasn't sure I wanted one but figured it was better to preorder and cancel if I didn't want it then order later if I decided I did. Glad I did I've decided I really want one.

After changing to shipping soon Sunday afternoon, mine shipped Wednesday night. Even though I used super saver shipping mine is scheduled to arrive Friday.
alism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #291
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I'm so mad at Amazon right now. I ordered the day that they came out and it JUST NOW shipped after nearly 48 hours in "Shipping Soon" state. Moreover, they shipped it from >2000 miles away by Fedex Smartpost, which is always insanely slow. It's not scheduled to arrive until NEXT Friday, over a week away! Moreover, my experience with SmartPost is that their estimates are often too aggressive.

At the same time, I'm seeing posts by people who ordered a week after me, also using Supersaver Shipping, yet they already have theirs in hand. Also seeing posts about people returning theirs and getting a replacement already shipped with an estimated date before mine. How can this be?

Did get my case yesterday. Even though I ordered it AFTER the device itself, it came and arrived in 2 days... that's just mean.
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #292
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I'm so mad at Amazon right now. I ordered the day that they came out and it JUST NOW shipped after nearly 48 hours in "Shipping Soon" state. Moreover, they shipped it from >2000 miles away by Fedex Smartpost, which is always insanely slow. It's not scheduled to arrive until NEXT Friday, over a week away! Moreover, my experience with SmartPost is that their estimates are often too aggressive.

At the same time, I'm seeing posts by people who ordered a week after me, also using Supersaver Shipping, yet they already have theirs in hand. Also seeing posts about people returning theirs and getting a replacement already shipped with an estimated date before mine.
That's just weird. I've never heard of FedEx SmartPost, maybe it's regional. Do you live in a remote location?
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #293
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
That's just weird. I've never heard of FedEx SmartPost, maybe it's regional. Do you live in a remote location?
Smartpost is what free shipping users get. I've stop ordering with free shipping because of it. Fedex picks up the package then gives it over to USPS to deliver. Some post office only deliver during a certain times of the week for this service. They just don't have the manpower to unload the pallet so it just sits there. We had some DVDs get misrouted that way. It's a horrible service but I only had small problems but many others have horror stories to tell. UPS Basic can be just as bad.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #294
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
If you define a suburb of about 60,000 in a metropolitan area of about 2.5 million as remote. :-)

Blossom described SmartPost well.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #295
kkingdon
Enthusiast
kkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle Paperwhite
My PW is out for delivery by UPS as of 5:58 am!!!

I ordered on Sep. 9th, originally with supersaver shipping. At that time, the expected arrival date was Oct 19th - Oct 24th. On Sep. 28th, I modified the shipping method to next-day. The expected arrival date moved to Oct 12th. On Oct 1st, my order status changed to Shipping Soon. On Oct 3rd, I received shipping confirmation. A very satisfactory experience.
kkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #296
kkingdon
Enthusiast
kkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle Paperwhite
Duplicate post -- sorry.

Last edited by kkingdon; 10-04-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Duplicate post.
kkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #297
twowheels
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingdon View Post
My PW is out for delivery by UPS as of 5:58 am!!!

I ordered on Sep. 9th, originally with supersaver shipping. At that time, the expected arrival date was Oct 19th - Oct 24th. On Sep. 28th, I modified the shipping method to next-day. The expected arrival date moved to Oct 12th. On Oct 1st, my order status changed to Shipping Soon. On Oct 3rd, I received shipping confirmation. A very satisfactory experience.
That's what I don't get. If you ordered 3 days after me, why did yours ship a day earlier?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #298
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's what I don't get. If you ordered 3 days after me, why did yours ship a day earlier?
He uses one day shipping so he got priority.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #299
twowheels
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
He uses one day shipping so he got priority.
But that's 1 day SHIPPING... it doesn't seem that shipping method should affect order of processing. If it does, they should make that clear when you're choosing the method.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #300
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
But that's 1 day SHIPPING... it doesn't seem that shipping method should affect order of processing. If it does, they should make that clear when you're choosing the method.
It's always been that way. You pay for shipping you get priority over the free shipping. Prime members get even more priority than non Prime members.