Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
kimpeek
kimpeek began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs t1
Question Fastest and best ebook format

Hi, I've had the sony prs t1 for awhile now and it's been great. Lately though, some of my ebooks have been lagging when loading and changing pages; also sometimes they get stuck on one page and i have to manually input the page number to change pages.

So I'm wondering what format should I convert my .pdf's and other ebooks into in order to have really quick page turning, ebook loading and little to no page looping?
kimpeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
PDF conversion isn't going to work or look right. Generally the better format for ebooks, especially on the Sony is epub.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
dillsandwitch
Enthusiast
dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura H20
you could always convert them to a word doc, reformat and then convert to epub or vice versa. there are plenty of conversion programs out there that will do the job.

I convert all my books to pdf as i read them on both my reader and on my pc at work and that way i don't have to worry about trying to figure out what page im on when i switch between the pc and reader
dillsandwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I have found that e-pub is the best format for the T1. I use calibre to convert
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Is that what people do with flawed ebooks -- convert them to word docs and then reformat them all over again? There has to be a better way to fix typos.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
You can edit e-pubs directly with SIGIL a free e-pub creator/editor what I usually do to try and fix "bad" epubs is use calibre to convert the file to mobi and then re-convert to e-pub, it works in a lot of cases.... SIGIL will also tell you if your e-pub is bad, I try and check the books before I load them into the device, if the e-pub is readable in pc reader or calibre then you are generally ok
bla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, efficiency, format, loading, speed