Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #1
ferrari28
ferrari28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
How do I add the author to a .azw file?

I need to add the author tag to a .azw file I have so that it is organized on my kindle. I have a mac btw, just incase you recommend software.
ferrari28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Try Calibre, I'm pretty sure you can add the author on a DRMed AZW file, I know you can if it's not DRMed.

BTW, Calibre is free and a great way to keep your ebook library organized.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Calibre may be your best option, but if it does not work an alternative is mobi2mobi. See Visual Kindle Guide for how to use this on a Mac (via the terminal).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote