Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Free Kindle Books

Amazon is currently offering two sci-fi ebooks for $0.00:

In the Midnight Hour by Patti Oshea, and
Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Just had them Whispered to me, thanks
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #3
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie
The Alternative doesn't litterThe Alternative doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (x's 2), PRS-505, PRS-600, iPhone, iPad
Interestingly enough, these are the same free e-books Tor sent in their last two weekly newsletters. Look for Battlestar Galactica next.
The Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Amazon seems to be offering free (errr... discounted to $0.00) books for the Kindle when they are available elsewhere. I had already "purchased" Seize the Night last week, but had not seen that In the Midnight Hour was available at the same price. It doesn't hurt to check the book out at Amazon a week after getting your TOR newsletter.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Amazon is currently offering two sci-fi ebooks for $0.00:

In the Midnight Hour by Patti Oshea, and
Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

cheers
Seize the night is a strange choice for a free book since it is book 7 of a series and if you've never read the series, why would you want to dive in at 7 instead of 1? This eBook is also being given away by Sony.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Seize the night is a strange choice for a free book since it is book 7 of a series and if you've never read the series, why would you want to dive in at 7 instead of 1? This eBook is also being given away by Sony.
Probably because there are people who don't know that it's number seven in a series??

Hey, I read the last book in one of Larry Niven's series before I found out that it was the last book in the series. Then, I purchased the rest of the series and read the last one again.

That's at least one way of working out the problem ....
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I think "Seize the Night" has a great many details about the character Acheron, who has a feature book coming in August. So it is a good book to review details about him. Yes, you really ought to read the whole series, but you can read one at a time. I'm now RE-reading the series, in preparation for the August book.

P.S. THANKS for continuing to post about free books, when you find them. Some of us seem not to ever hear about them, otherwise.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
This is not a new concept.

George Lucas started with the Star Wars series at Episode IV then V then VI and then went back and did Episodes I, II, and III. That strategy sure made him a pile of cash. People were anticipating Episode I so much that it didn't matter how good or bad it was...people were going to camp out to consume it.

I'm betting their hoping the distribution of these books to the Kindle is going to create a similar result.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I've read all but the very first of this series on my Palm -- so they ARE available in electronic format. I'm pretty sure that if they are available electronicly, then Amazon has them for the Kindle too. But since I already had them, I didn't look at the older books. There are about a dozen or so now. Yummy (with steamy sex scenes to either enjoy or skim/skip).
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #10
etitameh
Enthusiast
etitameh doesn't litteretitameh doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
these 2 seem to be back up to regular pricing now ($6.99 and $9.99), sigh... how do you find the books being offered for $0.00 on amazon? is it just luck, just knowing what to check for, or is there a specific search to use?
etitameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by etitameh View Post
these 2 seem to be back up to regular pricing now ($6.99 and $9.99), sigh... how do you find the books being offered for $0.00 on amazon? is it just luck, just knowing what to check for, or is there a specific search to use?

Thought I had a link for Seize the Night but I don't. As a replacement, here is the current offering from Tor.

Edit: Kindle version of Flash

Edit2: Removed Tor.com links.

Last edited by daffy4u; 07-17-2008 at 10:30 AM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #12
etitameh
Enthusiast
etitameh doesn't litteretitameh doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
thanks, daffy.
etitameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
I just happened to be at Amazon looking for books and sorted the fiction section by price low to high when I found these and the last two offerings by Julia Spencer. According to this forum, it is common for Amazon to offer "free" books for a limited time about two weeks after TOR has put them up in their newsletter. I'll post again if I happen to notice any pattern, like frequency or day of the week that these appear on Amazon.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:23 PM   #14
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Using the Whispernet function in your Kindle, view the Kindle Daily. Every one of the free books has been announced there. Or, follow one of the fora such as MobileRead where someone will post as soon as they discover a freebie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
I just happened to be at Amazon looking for books and sorted the fiction section by price low to high when I found these and the last two offerings by Julia Spencer. According to this forum, it is common for Amazon to offer "free" books for a limited time about two weeks after TOR has put them up in their newsletter. I'll post again if I happen to notice any pattern, like frequency or day of the week that these appear on Amazon.
You can't rely on sorting by price to show you all books that are currently on sale for $0.00. Many times I have known about an Amazon special and "purchased" the free book, but found that the book still sorts at its normal non-discounted price.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
You can also sign up for the free Amazon daily post which will download daily to your Kindle keeping you updated. Also, daily reading of THIS site is very helpful.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free book, kindle