Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
a.nilzzzz
a.nilzzzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G+ wifi
Post kindle touch 3G+ wifi - touch controls

I bought a kindle touch just 2 weeks ago. But the touch controls really suck. I have to tap on several times and most of the controls does not work.
I can never go to the previous page. when i tap on the left hand side nothing happens. And when i swipe, a font size adjuster appears. And it keeps messing my font and i cant even close it.
i can tap and go to the next page, but not to the previous page. and other controls don't work too sometimes.
what should i do. i bought this so recently and it is so depressing when it does not work. Please
a.nilzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

That is not normal. It sounds like you received a defective unit, unless you tried to jailbreak it and failed. If you did not jailbreak it, call Amazon Customer Service. They are very good people to deal with. If you tried to jailbreak it then you will get better answers in the forum for that.
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
a.nilzzzz
a.nilzzzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G+ wifi
but the problem is i am in sri lanka. and i got it from australia. i think there are any kindle service centres in sri lanka to get it checked even. so how can i do this?
a.nilzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
If it's a new Kindle Touch, as jswinden said, contact Amazon. You don't need to take it to a service centre, if you get in touch with Amazon and explain the problem, they will possibly send you a replacement and ask you to return the original one to them by post.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The touch screen is optical, which is why the bezel is raised a bit. The screen is surrounded by photocells and IR LEDs that shine though the black border bezel edges. It senses blocked light just above the screen surface. Be sure to keep your other fingers well away from where you are touching the screen. Is anything (dirt, dust, one of your other fingers) blocking part of the light path?

The touchscreen is "multitouch", but the default behavior is to report a touch screen position midway between two detected touches. An "accidental" extra touch can significantly move the reported touched position.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-08-2012 at 07:16 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert