Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
corrisa
corrisa began at the beginning.

Device: 602
help new to pocketbook

i can not get my 602 reader to turn on or off it is stuck i have hit the rest and it turns on and off then back to the same stuck screen..."Dear user welcome to pocketbook"

help it will not turn on or off
this is for my daughter who loves to read she is 10 but i am questioning if i bought the right one this does not see so user friendly, we have ipods and i know they are very different but this is not as handy to use as i thought!

is there a place i can go to get good kids books? any for free? she reads 8-10 chapter books every 2weeks or less!

please any help or info would be great

Last edited by corrisa; 12-19-2010 at 11:49 PM.
corrisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Sounds like a hardware/firmware issue.
Contact Pocketbook support. There should be a link wherever you bought the 602 from.
My experience has been that they are very friendly and good at what they do.
In the meantime, take off the cover and disconnect the battery to see if that resets it.

On the children's books side, for classics, you might want to check out Munseys.com. They have a section of kid-rated ebooks in pretty much every mainstream format:
http://www.munseys.com/detail/mode/cat/20/Children

Hope this helps.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I don't have a 602, but it does sound like a hardware/firmware issue as fj says. I have had contact with pocketbook Customer Service (once when I called, I actually spoke with the CEO for North America) and they are fantastic. I'm sure they will help you figure out what exactly is wrong and how to take care of it.

Here are some customer service contacts:
email: service@pocketbook-usa.com
phone: 816-510-1317 (if you are in the Kansas City area)
877-326-0196 option 2 (if you are not)
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrisa View Post
i can not get my 602 reader to turn on or off it is stuck i have hit the rest and it turns on and off then back to the same stuck screen..."Dear user welcome to pocketbook"

The "Dear User" page is the default page shown when the device is OFF.

You can change which picture is shown when the display is off in the configuration/settings menu , under "appearance" choose "power-off logo". Add you own pictures to the pictures folder and you can choose one of them or you can choose none.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote