Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
bertd
bertd began at the beginning.

Device: none
cruz tablet verse nook color

I've looked online and through these posts but I haven't found any feedback on the tablet verses the nook color, the posts I do find talk about the reader not the tablet for the border products

I'm trying to decide what to get for christmas, any help would be appreciated.

key things so far nook color has interactive books for children, the tablet for velocity, does it do that?

Thing i like about border products, is that you can get e-book anywhere, i don't like how the products are limited to just their store like kindle and b&n. I hear for the nook you can get library e-books which is a plus for them...

thanks for the help...confused in Wisconsin
bertd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ...

Sorry I can't help you out with either of those. There is no mention of the cruz tablet in the wiki .... (yet)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi bertd and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You might wish to visit this Forum and post your question there:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123

The Forum you've posted in is an Introduce Yourself Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Here is what I think I know about what you are asking. Getting the tablet is not a bad idea but only do that if you want to use your reader for other things besides reading. If all you are going to do is to read the tablet is sort of over kill, I would simply get a Jet Book or an Aluratek Libra Pro, which will cost less and read the books. Although you will not have the ability to run other software like the tablet would be able to do.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR! Hope you find the perfect device for you :-)

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #8
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi, Bertd, welcome to MR from the Netherlands.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:50 AM   #9
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:14 AM   #10
BrianJaramillo
BrianJaramillo began at the beginning.

Device: Velocity Micro Cruz
Cruz vs. Nook

Sounds like kids will have access to the e-reader... if this is the case, I'd stay away from the Cruz. The Cruz has internet access and since it does not have access to the Android Market, Velocity has included access to another App Market. This market is riddled with adult apps and content that is very easily viewed simply by browsing the app store.

It's this reason alone that I did not buy one for my God-daughter.

I'm still evaluating the unit I purchased for myself...

No AVI video playback.

Keeps telling me I'm out of space when trying to install apps greater than 12mb.

No Internet Flash video unless you use Skyfire app.

etc...
BrianJaramillo is offline   Reply With Quote