Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilipp View Post
Every touchscreen computer I ever owned (maybe a dozen) were purchased used-second-hand, except the latest two. This indicates that the price was the only thing holding me back from buying new, but now that prices have fallen I now buy new. Some complainers even feel that $500 is too much to pay for an ipad... perhaps it is. We should find out in the next year or two if price is the main factor holding people back from purchasing.
For me, price and OS. I don't want to spend more than €500 on any device and most certainly not on a device that won't even be useful as a pc-away-from-my-pc. So, no Apple or android... If it's either of those, I don't want to pay more than €200, as I won't be able to do a lot with them (while if I had a windows tablet, I'd be able to install all kinds of applications, which I use daily).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #17
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
I would also like a full OS on a tablet (especially for anotation and calculations) but such tablets *points at WeTab* cannot achieve the form factor and weight of the iPad =( Or perhaps they will *points at HP's tablett* But one thing that I would certainly like is a tablett with full OS (no apple please) with the same cooling of the ipad (aluminium back) cause I really hate fan noise and I'm pretty sure that having a fan moving around with the tablett is bad and won't last for long.

Last edited by darknessangel; 10-18-2010 at 05:07 PM.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
paaThaka
Connoisseur
paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Full OS is indeed critical. I wouldn't mind OS X, but iOS doesn't cut it.

Perhaps will see some interesting devices being introduced at CES2011. Of course, god only knows if most prototypes will ever ship (Skiff & Que, anyone?).
paaThaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #19
paaThaka
Connoisseur
paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paaThaka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Fujitsu had two new slate (Win 7) protos at Ceatec:

http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/news/201...atec-2010-323/

No specs or dates yet, probably more info at CES or CeBit.

The WeTab/ExoPC/bModo/2goPad variants with Atom N450 seem to be coming before end of the year, but have low res, glossy displays and battery life below 5 hours.
paaThaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The low res I can live with, the battery life below 5 hours I can live with. The glossy displays are horrible.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert