Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Error when converting to Mobi and Epub

For the sake of this example. This is the error message I got when I tried to convert my html file to epub.

I uploaded it as a zip because there were a few images within the document.

I was hoping someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have version 5.11 Calibre.

Job: **Convert book: Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes**
**tuple**: ('ValueError', u'Not a valid HTML file: c:\\docume~1\\sharon\\locals~1\\temp\\calibre_0.5. 11_u3_gzk_any2epub1\\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 960, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 918, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 177, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 445, in convert
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 279, in parse_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 144, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 585, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 438, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 483, in parse_html
ValueError: Not a valid HTML file: c:\docume~1\sharon\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.5.11_u3 _gzk_any2epub1\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html

**Log**:
Found HTML file in archive
Creating EPUB file...
Building file list...
Found files...
HTMLFile:0:b:c:\docume~1\sharon\locals~1\temp\cali bre_0.5.11_u3_gzk_any2epub1\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html
[DEBUG] Processing HTMLFile:0:b:c:\docume~1\sharon\locals~1\temp\cali bre_0.5.11_u3_gzk_any2epub1\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html...
[INFO] Parsing temp\calibre_0.5.11_u3_gzk_any2epub1\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html
('ValueError', u'Not a valid HTML file: c:\\docume~1\\sharon\\locals~1\\temp\\calibre_0.5. 11_u3_gzk_any2epub1\\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 960, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 918, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 177, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 445, in convert
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 279, in parse_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 144, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 585, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 438, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 483, in parse_html
ValueError: Not a valid HTML file: c:\docume~1\sharon\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.5.11_u3 _gzk_any2epub1\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
that error message happens when the html is badly malformed like missinh <html> or <body> tags or something like that
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 02:27 AM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
that error message happens when the html is badly malformed like missinh <html> or <body> tags or something like that

I'll double check my code....
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:18 AM   #4
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Sometimes it just takes a simple miss of > or < to make an error in html code. So you need to double check it whether there are tags that are not closed or incomplete.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote