Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Connection to wifi, but no Internet

I'm having problems connecting the Fire to Internet through my home wifi router. In my old home everything worked, as it does in the university (through the eduroam network), but here I don't know why I'm getting the "connected" icon (wavelines next to the battery icon) and an orange network connection icon (which says "connected" below), but the wifi icon on top has a cross on top and indeed the Internet connection is not working. After rebooting the router, the Fire, disabling wifi for a while, enabling again, and several trials, I once managed to get it working, but now it's failing again.

The router seems to be working fine, since I have the laptop connected in the same wifi network, and this message is being sent through it. As far as I know there's nothing special in the wifi setting, just input the password and it works (but I don't have the admin router password, so I can't see much more).

I find several similar cases in the web, but no clear solution. Does anyone have a better idea?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Sounds like your picking up neighborhood WiFi. Try Your WiFi.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Try actually resetting the router. Is it the same router from the other house?

If it worked for a moment, that leads me to believe that it's a channel problem:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210002
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Sounds like your picking up neighborhood WiFi. Try Your WiFi.
No, it's my wifi, and my wifi password.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Try actually resetting the router. Is it the same router from the other house?
No, it's a different router, and a different country. I already tried unplugging the router, which is pretty much all I can do without a password (the reset button seems only to reboot it).

Quote:
If it worked for a moment, that leads me to believe that it's a channel problem:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210002
When it works, it keeps working at least until I disconnect it or turn it off. I'll have a look into that, thank you.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Buy the WiFi Analyzer App from Amazon and see what channels your neighbors are using. Then simply chose a DIFFERENT channel and fix it so it does not change by signal strength.

In addition, turn off TV recordings and watching while you go on the internet with your tablet. Bandwidth can be soaked off especially if you have HD.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I have just developed the same issue this weekend. KFHD states that it is connected ok, but has a cross over the wireless icon, and does not access the Internet. My SGP5 connects fine, as does my PC. The KFHD had connected the previous weekend, and the prior two days , as well as that morning.
I'll try WiFi Access app. But it is odd.
No big problem since I have multiple machines, but annoying.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, duplicate post
Old 04-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
Mic_
Mic_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
wi fi fix

Have you tried back at your old house.

To make sure it is not teh neighborhood

Mic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
rgeorg
Guru

Yes, all works fine at home. Thankfully.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
rgeorg
Guru

And my sgp5 connects ok at the country house. So does the xp pc, and my dh's win 8 tablet.