Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
shelvis
shelvis began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Sorry I am a thicko please can you help

I have sony PRS-505 and I LOVE it. Only snag is I want to be able to rename files which as you know the ebook library is limited.

So someone in the know switched me to calibre and it looks fab. However I can import books, rename them etc but then when i click send to reader i get 2 message boxes pop up:

First one says this:
'list' object has no attribute 'set_next_id'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\__init__.pyo", line 159, in dispatch
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 692, in books_uploaded
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 184, in add_books_to_metadata
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 447, in add_books_to_metadata
File "calibre\devices\prs505\books.pyo", line 418, in fix_ids
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'set_next_id'

The one behind it says something about no suitable formats were found so try a different conversion in the right hand box. I have tried the LRF which I thought was the one i needed but the box says the same.

I am sure i am being really thick but what do I do??

Shelvis
X
shelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
i guess my first question would be, are you selecting a book to send to the reader. Perhaps you get that message when no books are selected.

As far as the formats... as long as there is an LRF or ePub for the books you select that should be fine.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
shelvis

Yes i have tried selecting one book and also multiple books and still get the same message
Old 06-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you plug in the device and it appears in calibre, wait for the hourglass to stop spinning before trying to send books to the device
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:05 AM   #5
shelvis

Yep have also done that. I must be doing something really wrong because everyone else seems to be able to use calibre with no problems
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you click on the book you are trying to send to the reader, in the bottom area of the screen, there should be some information about it displayed, including "Formats" In the list of formats, is either LRF or EPUB present?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote