Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Kindle Fire HD wifi sloooooooooow......

Hi All,

Is anyone having issues with their Kindle Fire HD 7" having very slow wifi? So much for the dual band super fast wifi.

My signal strength shows excellent and 54Mbps link speed.

A speed test shows about 4Mbps download while the laptop right next to it shows 13Mbps download.

I tried watching an episode of Game of Thrones last night in HBO Go and it froze about 12 times and several times even gave me "audio steam only, for video connect to a stronger wifi signal". The only thing more frustrating than constant buffering on a video is an audio only stream, haha.

I am running a stock Fire, no rooting and not even too many apps installed.

(and yes, 12Mbps, while not much is enough to stream video as I run video streaming on my computer and tv with fine results)

I know when it first came out there had been wifi complaints but I don't know if that was related to a bad batch (got my Fire HD on release day) or something else.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Just a guess here, try a reboot and see if it helps
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
I just got over 25mbps on a speed test.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Just a guess here, try a reboot and see if it helps
Thanks, I've tried that a few times as well as disabling and re-enabling the wireless.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
mewmartigan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
Oooh, I'm jealous
Advert
Old 03-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Speed test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
How do you do a speed test on a KFHD?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
mewmartigan
Guru

most of the speed test sites require flash but

www.bandwidthplace.com

works fine with the Fire. I was using the Silk browser.

As an update to my original, I was able to stream for a while last night without interruption so while the Fire does seem to have a weaker signal, I'm going to blame the choppy video the other night on my "only game in town so our service is weak and you can't do anything about it" provider.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Correction for slow WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Hi All,

Is anyone having issues with their Kindle Fire HD 7" having very slow wifi? So much for the dual band super fast wifi.

My signal strength shows excellent and 54Mbps link speed.

A speed test shows about 4Mbps download while the laptop right next to it shows 13Mbps download.

I tried watching an episode of Game of Thrones last night in HBO Go and it froze about 12 times and several times even gave me "audio steam only, for video connect to a stronger wifi signal". The only thing more frustrating than constant buffering on a video is an audio only stream, haha.

I am running a stock Fire, no rooting and not even too many apps installed.

(and yes, 12Mbps, while not much is enough to stream video as I run video streaming on my computer and tv with fine results)

I know when it first came out there had been wifi complaints but I don't know if that was related to a bad batch (got my Fire HD on release day) or something else.
If you are experiencing slow WiFi for your Kindle Fire, see this thread on how to speed it up, strengthen the signal and prevent LAN interruptions and crashes:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210002
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote