Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #16
Jasmine GreenTea
Enthusiast
Jasmine GreenTea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa E2, Kobo Aura H20 ed 2, Kobo Clara, Sony PRS T2 & T3
Go for Sony

I speak as an "active reader", someone who likes to interact with their books --to underline, annotate and scribble them. This is the main reason why I chose a Sony T2.

I also live in Europe (the other end..) and I did not care about Kindly and their dedicated store.

I have been using the T2 for nearly one month, I've read some 800-800 pages, taking notes, highlighting text, using Evernote.

No screen freezing. Fast page turns. No ghosting.

I do not think Nook's glow function is really that revolutionary. After all, we all turned to ereader becouse we had sore eyes because of into-your-eyes illumination, haven't we?

It does not matter that the "Glo(w)" function is now front-lit, it still is into-your-eyes! Go back to the old desk lamp or bedside lamp and you'll see that the comfort lies with these more natural sources of light.

As a side note: ever sicne I turned to reading ebooks on the R2 --instead of on a computer screen-- I have a better sleep, and no insomnia. I guess it must be because of the warmer light, not neon, bouncing back naturally from a matte page...

The best reading experience on the Sony is outdoors. That's where it shines. The colour of its screen is much more pleasant than that of the Kindles I've seen --it's a warm creamy ivory hue, not the cold gray of other devices. Sony shine on a sunny day (OK, I know, that' more difficult to get in Ireland ;-)

While T2 is not perfect, I think it is a better option over Nook Glo for the active reader.

Last edited by Jasmine GreenTea; 10-28-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Jasmine GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
gadetra
gadetra began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Thank you all for your input and advice. I am now going to get the Sony, my mind is made up. It has been great to get some really informed and helpful advice. I am no longer confused!
Jasmine Green Tea, the sun doesn't shine in Ireland. We get some sort of cold golden orb in the sky refelected in the rain
gadetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert