Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
rlh3
Connoisseur
rlh3 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Sequential entries in Title field

I have a bit of a problem with cleaning up some title entries in one of my libraries.
I have twenty-plus years worth of several magazines that I need to clean up the title entries on. The Series entries are correct (thanks to the Manage Series plug-in,) but the title entries are not. The standard that I am using in my library is that the series entry is the volume and number for the magazine, and the year and month are included in the title field.
I am wondering if there is a way to make title field changes in quantities greater than a single entry. I want to be able to select a group of books (magazines) and tell Calibre that these are National Geographic 1988-xx, and have Calibre fill in the xx as 01, 02, 03...
If anyone has ideas, please pass them on, I really do not want to have to do this on a title-by-title basis...
rlh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh3 View Post
I have a bit of a problem with cleaning up some title entries in one of my libraries.
I have twenty-plus years worth of several magazines that I need to clean up the title entries on. The Series entries are correct (thanks to the Manage Series plug-in,) but the title entries are not. The standard that I am using in my library is that the series entry is the volume and number for the magazine, and the year and month are included in the title field.
I am wondering if there is a way to make title field changes in quantities greater than a single entry. I want to be able to select a group of books (magazines) and tell Calibre that these are National Geographic 1988-xx, and have Calibre fill in the xx as 01, 02, 03...
If anyone has ideas, please pass them on, I really do not want to have to do this on a title-by-title basis...
Does the Series_index contain the numbers you want to use?
One of the (bulk mode S&R) replace values is Calibre fields {series_index} for example
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
rlh3
Connoisseur

Unfortunately, no.

just pulling some values out of my hat, it looks like this:

Series:
National Geographic [188.01]
National Geographic [188.02]
National Geographic [188.03]
(This is the Volume and Number information for the magazine)

and what i want to put in the title is:
National Geographic 2008-01
National Geographic 2008-02
National Geographic 2008-03
(I want this to be the year and month of publication)
Old 02-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh3 View Post
Unfortunately, no.

just pulling some values out of my hat, it looks like this:

Series:
National Geographic [188.01]
National Geographic [188.02]
National Geographic [188.03]
(This is the Volume and Number information for the magazine)

and what i want to put in the title is:
National Geographic 2008-01
National Geographic 2008-02
National Geographic 2008-03
(I want this to be the year and month of publication)
It might get a little tricky pulling the fractional part of the series Index,
but you should be able to construct
Play with this idea REGEX mode

DESTINATION: Title APPEND value: 2008-\1

Search series_index: \d+\.(\d+)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
rlh3
Connoisseur

I will play with this a bit, but my RegEx-fu is weak.
We may be making this a bit more complex than necessary. I am using the series_index to put the magazines in order, but if the replace in the title field were simply sequential, (xxxx-01, xxxx-02 etc.) it would be more than satisfactory. (e.g. I pick the magazines for the year 2008, make sure that they are in order, and then apply a replace to the title field such as: National Geographic 2008-xx, with the xx being a series of numbers 01, 02, 03...)
Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
rlh3
Connoisseur

I played around with this a bit, and, as I feared, my RegEx-fu was not strong enough to get it to work.
Is there any way of pasting a sequence like I described in the post just above, and ignoring the series_index completely?
Also, does it change things if the series_index is a whole number?