Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
mangust
mangust began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo WiFi
Ectaco jetBook $169 shipped @ Newegg

Just like the title says:
Ectaco jetBook in white is $169 shipped from Newegg. The black is $30 more.

I don't know how long this sales lasts but I got from this Neweggs' newsletter indicating sale through June 24.

Last edited by mangust; 06-18-2009 at 09:28 AM.
mangust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47414 for the thread on this $169.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-18-2009 at 08:49 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
mangust
mangust began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47414 for the thread on this $169. Welcome to last week.
I did. It mentioned a promo code that has expired by now. I think it's a new sale, so I posted it.
mangust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Now now let's be nice. When it comes to deals on readers there's always a chance of missing out so the more times it's posted the better. Besides as mangust mentioned politely (I would have told you off) this is not the coupon but a straight up sale.

Of course I literally bought the Jetbook 2 days ago. It hasn't even arrived yet. If I hassled them, would they credit me the $30?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Oh so it's a new price without a code. My apologies and my mistake.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
mcysr
mcysr is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I already own one jetBook. Bought two more just now for my sons.
Just got Kindle DX and my GF has Kindle2. When reading at night, lying down I seem to pick up the jetBook [213g], although same books on both. May return the Kindle DX [530g], as it doesn't seem to get used much, although the DX sure is nice looking.
Of course, I can deal with the DRM limitations of the jetBook.
mcysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
My mistake.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcysr View Post
I already own one jetBook. Bought two more just now for my sons.
Just got Kindle DX and my GF has Kindle2. When reading at night, lying down I seem to pick up the jetBook [213g], although same books on both. May return the Kindle DX [530g], as it doesn't seem to get used much, although the DX sure is nice looking.
Of course, I can deal with the DRM limitations of the jetBook.
Welcome to MobileRead. Now that's the kind of family of readers I approve of!

I'm seriously looking at another Kindle for my daughter, and I'd love to have a Jetbook just because! The Kindle DX might be a good purchase for my daughter since she's entering graduate school in the fall. I'm not sure how much she'd use the DX for academic publications, so maybe just the regular Kindle for her recreational reading.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
mcysr
mcysr is on a distinguished road

Device: none
The kindle DX sure was pretty, but I returned it. It just didn't handle PDF's that well and I couldn't read with it lying down for long. The jetBook is not pretty or slick looking and the buttons feel cheap, but it is my preferred reading unit. It is sturdy and not as fragile feeling. It'll be great for 13 y.o. boys. The screen is just nicer than the Kindle. The two additional jetBooks have come from Newegg.

I'm not sure the Kindle DX is the best thing for academics, even with the PDF's. I would think a very light weight linux tablet PC/netbook would be the way to go, if there is such a thing.

matthew
mcysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Looks like the price went back to $199 -- white and black are the same price.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:49 AM   #11
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Looks like the price went back to $199 -- white and black are the same price.
jetBook available on NEWEGG for $169.99 now (free shipping and no taxes)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723004

I don't need third jetBook but I think that this information can be helpful
for mobileread visitors.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Yep I was just going to post this. The white Jetbook is on sale again for a mere $170 with free shipping to the US.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723004
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote